Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $2
      Hero:
      $1.89

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:diamond: , J:spade:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) A:heart: , K:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.17) A:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.17) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BB raises to $1.92 (All-In), Hero calls $1.57 (All-In).

Final Pot: $3.90

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qd Js)
      BB shows a full-house, sixes full of aces (6s 6c)

BB wins with a full-house, sixes full of aces (6s 6c)

Clearly I shouldn't have called his all-in, think I got tunnel vision for a second. My real question is though, should I have played more aggressively at the flop & turn? I figured I had the nuts so didn't want to scare him out of betting, but did I do myself a disservice by letting him get free cards to try and make his full house?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello numbnutter,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Flop: Trust me, there is NO point to slowplay in those spots. We still need to protect our hand from flushdraw and obviously paired board. Just Bet and start building up the pot, I don't really see why we shouldn't do it? I mean if he doesn't have a hand he wont pay you anyways.

As played
      Turn: BET THE TURN? Huh? I don't really see how you ever can extract value from him.

As played
      River: You kinda overplaying your hand here. I doubt that he is ever shipping here without having the FH, it's most likely towards FH and therefore it should be a standard Raise/Fold for us.

For conclusion it seems that you have a lot of leaks to fix. :) We have a lot of job ahead.

Best regards.