$6.55
      MP3:
      $0.88
      CO:
      $1.00
      BU:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 folds, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.32, MP2 calls $0.28, CO folds, SB calls $0.28.

Flop: ($0.96) J, J, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.72, MP2 folds, SB calls $0.72.

Turn: ($2.4) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.4) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.4.

seemed a solid opp..

Q: must CB here?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lukezo,

Well, I guess I'd just Check behind here. Don't really see why it should be a must CBet. I mean we are still in multiway pot, you ain't doing the CBet for value here. Unless you expect them to have any kind of draw. Rather just Check behind and hope to see a free showdown, you ain't making a better hand to fold here.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello lukezo,

Well, I guess I'd just Check behind here. Don't really see why it should be a must CBet. I mean we are still in multiway pot, you ain't doing the CBet for value here. Unless you expect them to have any kind of draw. Rather just Check behind and hope to see a free showdown, you ain't making a better hand to fold here.

Best regards.
      If SB is a solid player he probably called the flop with 66-77, 99-TT, wouldn't a 2nd barrel be good to make him fold that?
    • lukezo
      lukezo
      Bronze
      If SB is a solid player he probably called the flop with 66-77, 99-TT, wouldn't a 2nd barrel be good to make him fold that?

I agree. He had 66.

If I CBet flop, I have to Barrel Turn again- although he might have some Jx (JT, JQ, JK) as played preflop.

It's a common thing that people at this stakes Call CB on such boards with MPPs, imo.

edit: think that Veriz was commenting on Flop CBet, right?
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lukezo

I agree. He had 66.

If I CBet flop, I have to Barrel Turn again- although he might have some Jx (JT, JQ, JK) as played preflop.

It's a common thing that people at this stakes Call CB on such boards with MPPs, imo.

edit: think that Veriz was commenting on Flop CBet, right?
      Oh yea he probably was commenting on the flop cbet, but then I have 2 questions now :D I'd cbet that flop too, because SB is solid and MP2 will fold a lot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, I was talking about Flop play.

The Q on turn is very good card actually to 2nd barrel. Often times if I would even take a stab on such a board with my CBet then I also have to consider 2-3 barreling since we wont get rid of his PPs other way.