This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl4, fr AT

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.14)
      Hero ($6.44)
      UTG ($4)
      UTG+1 ($4.06)
      UTG+2 ($4.26)
      MP1 ($2.94)
      CO ($4.06)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.32) T:heart: T:club: 3:heart:

SB bets $0.23, Hero raises to $0.68, SB raises to $3.98 (AI), Hero calls $3.30

TURN ($8.28) T:heart: T:club: 3:heart: 3:diamond:

RIVER ($8.28) T:heart: T:club: 3:heart: 3:diamond: 7:club:

SB shows Q:heart: J:heart:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 27.2%, Turn 0.0%)

Hero shows A:spade: T:spade:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 72.8%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero wins $7.87

first of all, i decided to flat call here since the guy had a steal in SB of 50% (BU 60% and BB 50%) (over 76 hands - not massive sample but to be stealing on 38 of those is a fair amount). his range must have been pretty wide even from such a small sample. i didn't want to reraise in case it isolates me against the strong end of his range so i thought i would just see a flop and assume he is stealing with a wide range.

my question is, with hands like AT, AJ, AQ, KQ, KJ, KT and QJ, is it okay to 3bet in the blinds when facing a raise from BU/SB? and also is it okay to flat call like i did in this hand?

anyway this is my homeowrk #5.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Totally standard, our calling range is ahead vs his stealing range. I have no doubt that in long run we still can profitable it while we even have the position.
      Postflop: Although I would still raise a bit bigger, I mean if he even has a draw then you practically giving him very good odds for a draw. I'd rather do it ~$0,80. Since if he has a hand he is paying us anyways, if he doesn't he wont pay us much either.

Best regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey thanks for the evaluation. whenever i raise with a hand i always raise to 3x their original bet.. is this completely wrong? if so, how much should it be when i am raising for value?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      hey thanks for the evaluation. whenever i raise with a hand i always raise to 3x their original bet.. is this completely wrong? if so, how much should it be when i am raising for value?
      Well, preflop obviously it's right but postflop:
      Pot size raise = Pot + 3x opp. raise. Which is even $1. :) Well, obviously your raise it ain't that big problem but for giving them worse implied odds I'd raise it a bit bigger. :)