vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      100 - - 100
      SB: $6.81
      - 50 67 03

Hero: $1.53

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q (Comment)
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, SB raises to $0.26, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.53 (All-In), SB calls $1.27.

Flop: ($3.08) T, 9, 9 (Comment)
      Turn: ($3.08) 6 (Comment)
      River: ($3.08) 4 (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.08

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)
      SB shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9d 5s)

SB wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9d 5s)
  • 4 replies
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Nice play, you got your money in with the best of it. Not much of an sample on his stats, but it looks like villain was donking around.

If this bothers you, I think there is a video in week 1 of the school, that suggests your mindset should be just to accept the results as they happen - there really is nothing you can do except make the best decisions possible, which you have successfully done. (There is also the psychology section for articles).

Just note down the player and adapt, beef burger value on happy meal hands, and get rid of the ice at the bottom of your cup when you've got crap, cause if he's a calling station, you're not going to bluff him off.

Just remember, his play is +ev for you - plunk QQ vs 95o into equilab and you have 85.81% equity - quite nice for even money :)
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I should also mention - in elephant there is a button in the bottom right which should say ps (it's next to buttons like "not ps" and "forum" etc) - this should automatically copy it for you to paste into the text box - should create a slightly nicer format to read on the forums :)
    • SilverFace
      SilverFace
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lynius
      Nice play, you got your money in with the best of it. Not much of an sample on his stats, but it looks like villain was donking around.

If this bothers you, I think there is a video in week 1 of the school, that suggests your mindset should be just to accept the results as they happen - there really is nothing you can do except make the best decisions possible, which you have successfully done. (There is also the psychology section for articles).

Just note down the player and adapt, beef burger value on happy meal hands, and get rid of the ice at the bottom of your cup when you've got crap, cause if he's a calling station, you're not going to bluff him off.

Just remember, his play is +ev for you - plunk QQ vs 95o into equilab and you have 85.81% equity - quite nice for even money :)

Ty man.. your post is a relief
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SilverFace,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

First things first. :P Add to full stack if you playing BSS. :) Which is 100BB.

About the play well, if you consider him doing the 3bet light then going broke there is totally fine with QQ. Which is even far ahead of light-3bettors. Although the question are we really ahead here? But of course on those limits it's very likely that we do. Don't be result oriented, just a cooler.

About posting hands I would advice you use a button in Elephant which should look like "PS" or something similar. It will copy the hand with correct format with suits and then you can just go to the forum and paste it. Also don't forget to turn on Stacks/Stats etc stuff.

Best regards.