[NL2-NL10] what does this mean?

• ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      i accountered these kinds of donkraises for a few times now and it really sucks, the last time it happened to me i wondered whether i should call or not. can anyone explains what does this mean?

villain in UTG+1 (calling station) with stack of 120BB's and he openshoves.
      im on the BU with A :heart: K :heart: .... what should i do here? he is not on tilt or anything.
      does this stupid all-in means he has aces and hoping someone calls him with AQtype of hand, or he has a hand like JJ or AK or QQ that he doesnt wanna play?

i mean, is AKs behind most of the time or...?

oh yeah, and after a minute of thinking i folded the hand...
      after all, there is not a hand i can beat there.... JJ, QQ is a flip, AK is a split and KK/AA beat me...
      its not like he'd do this with AQ... and i didnt invest any money to the pot yet.... what u think?
  • 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i think a fold is good unless you know the villain to be an idiot. you get those people that sit on the table and insult everyone and just play all over the place and you can safely say you're ahead of his range with AKs there if he's doing it often.

against an unknown - i've called in that spot before and ran into AA lol. then sat there wondering why the hell anyone would do that because no one will call, he will just scare everyone out of the pot... but then again, i did call lol. i think it's definitely the best option to fold unless you know he's a maniac, and even then he might only open shove with the very top of his "range" i.e. JJ+ or something.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ferotaraba,

Well, while you don't even know the opponent then why should we take a flip? Rather just fold the hand without having any reads on the opponent, at the best for us it might be a flip. Not worth.

Best regards.