[NL2-NL10] QQ reraised. Fold opportunity missed.

• CountBrass
      I think to date this has been my main weakness preflop both with QQ and similarly with AK.

$0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $3.28
      LP: $5.13
      CO: $2.43
      BTN: $1.94
      SB: $7.05
      BB: $9.11
      UTG: $0.90
      Hero (UTG+1): $4.13
      MP: $1.87

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.52, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, CO raises to $2.43, Hero calls $1.13

Flop: ($4.92, 2 players) 2:club: 6:diamond: 3:club:

Turn: ($4.92, 2 players) J:diamond:

River: ($4.92, 2 players) 4:club:

10th hand at the table and knew very little about CO. Had a sense he was playing tight though.

Lesson material advises reraising with QQ but to fold to any further raises. Essentially the same thing with AK ( and I have made similar mistakes with AK too). ANd similarly if you originally raised with QQ/AK to fold to a 3Bet. Presumably the rationale for this is that a high proportion of 3betters will only do so with AA-KK so the chances of coming up against these all in would be very high and these two hands lose significantly (80-90% or more) when that is the case. Have I got that right ( at last!)?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello CountBrass,

Well, the case is a bit different here. For the given reason that the opponent is playing ~60BB stack then I don't even mind to go broke here. He may easily even hold worse PPs and of course just some AK type of hand. Nice hand!

Against a full stack it would be more difficult for us while the opponents raise ain't that weak either, most likely I'd even consider folding against full stack.

Best regards.