This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ reraised. Fold opportunity missed.

• CountBrass
      CountBrass
      Bronze
      I think to date this has been my main weakness preflop both with QQ and similarly with AK.

$0.04 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $3.28
      LP: $5.13
      CO: $2.43
      BTN: $1.94
      SB: $7.05
      BB: $9.11
      UTG: $0.90
      Hero (UTG+1): $4.13
      MP: $1.87

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.52, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, CO raises to $2.43, Hero calls $1.13

Flop: ($4.92, 2 players) 2:club: 6:diamond: 3:club:

Turn: ($4.92, 2 players) J:diamond:

River: ($4.92, 2 players) 4:club:

10th hand at the table and knew very little about CO. Had a sense he was playing tight though.

Lesson material advises reraising with QQ but to fold to any further raises. Essentially the same thing with AK ( and I have made similar mistakes with AK too). ANd similarly if you originally raised with QQ/AK to fold to a 3Bet. Presumably the rationale for this is that a high proportion of 3betters will only do so with AA-KK so the chances of coming up against these all in would be very high and these two hands lose significantly (80-90% or more) when that is the case. Have I got that right ( at last!)?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CountBrass,

Well, the case is a bit different here. For the given reason that the opponent is playing ~60BB stack then I don't even mind to go broke here. He may easily even hold worse PPs and of course just some AK type of hand. Nice hand!

Against a full stack it would be more difficult for us while the opponents raise ain't that weak either, most likely I'd even consider folding against full stack.

Best regards.