[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - 2P on multiway pot - Raise?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.86)
      BB ($15.06)
      UTG ($11.08)
      UTG+1 ($24.43)
      CO ($10.77)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.50) 8:diamond: Q:club: K:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $0.30, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60, BB calls $0.30

TURN ($4.50) 8:diamond: Q:club: K:heart: 2:club:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds

Hero shows Q:heart: K:diamond:

Hero wins $4.28

Should I raise on the flop? I didn't want to get 3betted so I just called, but I need to protect against so many players, from JT, T9, AJ, etc...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Well, I am not a big fan of even calling with KQo in such a multiway pot where we can easily even play it 5way. Way too often putting ourselves into difficult situations. I'd rather just fold the hand vs UTG range.

As played
      Postflop: Well, the problem is that if we Call here I don't really want to see a lot of cards. Like an Ace would kill the action, J/T/9 would do the same since it completes some draws. For that given reason while not that many hands beat us, only something like 88 I would just raise it up here. QQ/KK is a small chance him to have anyways.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Well, I am not a big fan of even calling with KQo in such a multiway pot where we can easily even play it 5way. Way too often putting ourselves into difficult situations. I'd rather just fold the hand vs UTG range.

As played
      Postflop: Well, the problem is that if we Call here I don't really want to see a lot of cards. Like an Ace would kill the action, J/T/9 would do the same since it completes some draws. For that given reason while not that many hands beat us, only something like 88 I would just raise it up here. QQ/KK is a small chance him to have anyways.

Best regards.
      And if for example the board was 489 rainbow and I had 89, would you raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, while UTG could easily in this case have even more overpairs. :) But still very small part of the range beats us.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Yeah, while UTG could easily in this case have even more overpairs. :) But still very small part of the range beats us.
      Ok, and I forgot to ask... If someone 3bets would you shove?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Ok, and I forgot to ask... If someone 3bets would you shove?
      Yep, that would be most likely my line. UTG range may still consist of AK/AA. Our raise would be like $3-4? After that we are pretty much committed.