This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - 2P on multiway pot - Raise?

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.86)
      BB ($15.06)
      UTG ($11.08)
      UTG+1 ($24.43)
      CO ($10.77)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.50) 8:diamond: Q:club: K:heart:

SB checks, BB bets $0.30, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, SB calls $0.60, BB calls $0.30

TURN ($4.50) 8:diamond: Q:club: K:heart: 2:club:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets $3, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, CO folds

Hero shows Q:heart: K:diamond:

Hero wins $4.28

Should I raise on the flop? I didn't want to get 3betted so I just called, but I need to protect against so many players, from JT, T9, AJ, etc...
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Well, I am not a big fan of even calling with KQo in such a multiway pot where we can easily even play it 5way. Way too often putting ourselves into difficult situations. I'd rather just fold the hand vs UTG range.

As played
      Postflop: Well, the problem is that if we Call here I don't really want to see a lot of cards. Like an Ace would kill the action, J/T/9 would do the same since it completes some draws. For that given reason while not that many hands beat us, only something like 88 I would just raise it up here. QQ/KK is a small chance him to have anyways.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Well, I am not a big fan of even calling with KQo in such a multiway pot where we can easily even play it 5way. Way too often putting ourselves into difficult situations. I'd rather just fold the hand vs UTG range.

As played
      Postflop: Well, the problem is that if we Call here I don't really want to see a lot of cards. Like an Ace would kill the action, J/T/9 would do the same since it completes some draws. For that given reason while not that many hands beat us, only something like 88 I would just raise it up here. QQ/KK is a small chance him to have anyways.

Best regards.
      And if for example the board was 489 rainbow and I had 89, would you raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, while UTG could easily in this case have even more overpairs. :) But still very small part of the range beats us.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Yeah, while UTG could easily in this case have even more overpairs. :) But still very small part of the range beats us.
      Ok, and I forgot to ask... If someone 3bets would you shove?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Ok, and I forgot to ask... If someone 3bets would you shove?
      Yep, that would be most likely my line. UTG range may still consist of AK/AA. Our raise would be like $3-4? After that we are pretty much committed.