Focus or stratchig the funds

• Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      I have a big dilemma: I have my poker funds at 3 rooms - PS, Party and PKR. The funds are of similar size.

I play at NL2. I was thinking of transferring funds and concentrate them at PS and switch to NL5. Should I do this or it is better to leave as it is? Any suggestions?
  • 13 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      well, can you give us a better overview of your decision making dilemma

- Which room do you prefer to play from those 3 and why?
      - Are you comfortable to move up to nl5 or would you just move up because of the total sum of those 3 accounts merging into one account now and allowing you to have a bigger bankroll?
      - I'm guessing at nl2 you're not after rakeback (especially not on Stars) so whats your drive?

Ingi

ps: I've also moved your thread into Beginners Questions, I hope you don't mind.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Hi,

I prefer to play Stars, because you can always find enough tables to choose from. Next is PKR and then Party. Well, on Party I've played mostly 1$ and 3$ SNGs but I find them hard to beat.

I don't have problem playing NL5. I've tried it already on Stars and I have made 4bb/100 average on few thousand hands.

I'm not after rake. Actually I've started with 20$ on Stars some time ago (about a year), playing NL2 and made it to about 100$. Then I took most of it out to PKR, got the full FDB and made it to around 240$. Then I took 150$ out to Party and lost it to 60$.

So all in all, I'm not doing so bad. After everything I saw that I'm doing best at NL games and I've decided to focus on those. I was thinking on focusing to one poker room to allow me to progress faster, as I can only afford about one hour per day of poker (job, family).
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Samo,

If you are beating the games on stars, then you are doing good mate. The truth is that the lower limits at stars are the hardest to beat anywhere.

So if you can beat them, then you should absolutely crush the opposition at really soft rooms.

The problem with Party at these limits is that a) they arent as soft as other places such 888 or PKR, b) the blind structure is seriously different to everywhere else and it seems to lend itself to playing more LAG, which in turn leads to more variance. So good players lose more; or at least that is in my experience at those limits.

I would personally recommend 888 if already have an account on PKR. They recently updated their software to include "webcam poker", which in turn has led to masses of amateur players jumping in the action. Which for someone who was doing really well at Stars, means lots of fishy goodness for you to enjoy :)

Their traffic doesnt compare to Stars. Nowhere does in fairness. But you should always be able to find a game and they are growing consistently. Their VIP system isnt great, but since you have said it isnt a priority, I wouldnt let it phase you. Your high win rate will more than make up for the lack of a few % rakeback.

I have linked our 888 download page above and here for you!

Hope this is useful mate :)
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Hi,

First of all, thanks for a thorough reply. I will check 888. Actually I'm thinking of taking most of my funds there to see how it will go, because I would like to start to play at NL5 at least. I will probably start a new blog on this project :D .
    • Doubleup12
      Doubleup12
      Bronze
      888 is good, you can get some nice bonuses and id say its better to have your bankroll together (unless its in full tilt :p)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Samo2,

in my opinion, definitely go play nl5 if you are rolled for it ;) there is no need to maintain many sites on nl2 or nl5 because there is enough traffic wherever you go. i do not think skill level is a major jump, and you will be able to grind your roll faster, esp with a first deposit bonus.

start a blog go! why dont you check out fusionpk's blog where he has offered to coach a microstakes player for free? also check out YabYayo's and GraveGood's joint blog where vonki and Wriggers are also coaching them through the microstakes. so much learning in there.

good luck! let us know how you get on!

smiles,
      wendy
    • DtotheC
      DtotheC
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      hey Samo2,

in my opinion, definitely go play nl5 if you are rolled for it ;) there is no need to maintain many sites on nl2 or nl5 because there is enough traffic wherever you go. i do not think skill level is a major jump, and you will be able to grind your roll faster, esp with a first deposit bonus.

start a blog go! why dont you check out fusionpk's blog where he has offered to coach a microstakes player for free? also check out YabYayo's and GraveGood's joint blog where vonki and Wriggers are also coaching them through the microstakes. so much learning in there.

good luck! let us know how you get on!

smiles,
      wendy
      +1 - Start the blog Samo! There are loads of great people lurking around this community who will take an interest and offer support when it is needed and cheers when you are crushing :)
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I play 888 and there are NO NL5 tables there! They have NL6 which is much the same but there are not that many tables even at peak times. There are numerous NL2 tables with mostly >30% ppf, and a reasonable number of NL10 but they tend to be much tighter, <30% ppf.

GL
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for all the advice. I will start the blog as soon as I get the cashout from the last room so I can deposit one nice sum, around 200$. I guess this will happen tomorrow or the day after.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      hey Samo,

Looking forward to this :) post a link here so we definitely can't miss it!

Ingrid
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      OK, I've registered at 888 poker and uploaded funds. I've also started a blog My NLHE project. You are all welcomed to take a look.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      OK, I've registered at 888 poker and uploaded funds. I've also started a blog My NLHE project. You are all welcomed to take a look.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I replied :)