This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 BSS ATs in MP2

• dollarihai
      dollarihai
      Bronze
      Known players:     
      UTG2:
      $1.72
      Hero:
      $2.1
      MP3:
      $1.97

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.21) J:spade: , T:spade: , 8:club: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.1, MP3 calls $0.10, UTG2 calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.51) A:spade: (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.36, MP3 folds, UTG2 raises to $1.56 (All-In), Hero calls $1.20.

River: ($3.63) 9:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.63

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows a straight, ace high (Ks Qd)
      Hero shows (Ad Td)

UTG2 wins with a straight, ace high (Ks Qd)

Any thoughts about this hand? I realize I did not completely follow the Starting Hands Chart, and that I betting too little on the flop (if I should've at all). Should I have just checked? And was calling the villain's all-in reasonable with my two-pair?

I just entered the table a few rounds earlier, so I didn't have much information about my opponents.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dollarihai,

Preflop: Standard raise should be 5xBB with one limper before you if you want to raise the hand.

As played
      Flop: Well, the Cbet is way too weak. You are just giving great odds for any kind of draw. I'd definitely CBet it bigger ~$0,16 at least.
      Turn: Well, I doubt that you beat much after the Check/Shove here. Straight is possible/flush is possible/sets/better 2pairs. I don't really see what kind of hands we beat, I'd Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.