This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - TAG checked on 3bet pot

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($9.70)
      Hero ($14.54)
      BTN ($10.25)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, SB raises to $1, fold, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.10) J:spade: 8:heart: J:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.40

Stats: 15/12/3.8, 10% 3bet vs steal, 80% cbet

Pretty suspicious of him checking here, but I also though maybe he knew I wouldn't fold easily to a cbet there. I also didn't want to check and let him bet on the turn, because he could do that to steal the pot. Is my bet ok?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Against that kind of aggressive player I don't even mind your play. Although the problem comes into question what kind of player he does here if he is Checking such a board. Well it could only be something like 88/Jx which might be trapping. While it's just a small part of his range and he could easily even be giving up the hand with just Check/Folding.

I expect the opponent to CBet with most of his range here while he still needs to protect his hand. So only trapping hand might be something like 88/Jx and that's it. I'd also take a stab there rather than let him catch any card.

Best regards.