This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - Min4bet from fish

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.51)
      BB ($11.12)
      UTG ($25.25)
      UTG+1 ($11.11)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, [color=red]UTG+1 raises to $2, Hero ?(

Stats: 72/19/7.3 in 57 hands

I was afraid of 3betting him because of this, but I think I'd lose value if I just called. If I 3bet and he calls with ace rags I can take his stack, butjust by calling it's more difficult...

What should I do?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, the problem here for us is that we are pretty much flipping it anyways. :P Although it really depends how you saw the player playing during the table. Was he aggressive or anything? Raising/3betting a lot? If you had any kind of those reads then I would just ship it.

Although if he rather was passive to 3bets and stuff then I might be even inclined to give up my hand. Why? Since it happens very often that those kind of guys are capable of picking such min-raises with KK+ which hardly beats us.

To the Call idea, I wouldn't Call either here vs his raise. Rather 3bet/Fold or 3bet/Broke than Call and let others come along. AKo ain't the greatest hand in multiway pot.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, the problem here for us is that we are pretty much flipping it anyways. :P Although it really depends how you saw the player playing during the table. Was he aggressive or anything? Raising/3betting a lot? If you had any kind of those reads then I would just ship it.

Although if he rather was passive to 3bets and stuff then I might be even inclined to give up my hand. Why? Since it happens very often that those kind of guys are capable of picking such min-raises with KK+ which hardly beats us.

To the Call idea, I wouldn't Call either here vs his raise. Rather 3bet/Fold or 3bet/Broke than Call and let others come along. AKo ain't the greatest hand in multiway pot.

Best regards.
      I wasn't with him on the table for a long time, but I had stats of him before. His 3bet % is 14.3, and if it helps, his AF is 7.3, which makes him pretty aggressive for a guy with 72% vpip.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, as I saw the previous hand about AT hopefully it was before it. :D So against that kind of opponent I would just 4bet and get it in. Seems like a maniac-type of guy.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well, as I saw the previous hand about AT hopefully it was before it. :D So against that kind of opponent I would just 4bet and get it in. Seems like a maniac-type of guy.
      Hehe that was afterwards :D