NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.51)
      BB ($11.12)
      UTG ($25.25)
      UTG+1 ($11.11)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, fold, fold, [color=red]UTG+1 raises to $2, Hero ?(

Stats: 72/19/7.3 in 57 hands

I was afraid of 3betting him because of this, but I think I'd lose value if I just called. If I 3bet and he calls with ace rags I can take his stack, butjust by calling it's more difficult...

What should I do?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, the problem here for us is that we are pretty much flipping it anyways. :P Although it really depends how you saw the player playing during the table. Was he aggressive or anything? Raising/3betting a lot? If you had any kind of those reads then I would just ship it.

Although if he rather was passive to 3bets and stuff then I might be even inclined to give up my hand. Why? Since it happens very often that those kind of guys are capable of picking such min-raises with KK+ which hardly beats us.

To the Call idea, I wouldn't Call either here vs his raise. Rather 3bet/Fold or 3bet/Broke than Call and let others come along. AKo ain't the greatest hand in multiway pot.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, the problem here for us is that we are pretty much flipping it anyways. :P Although it really depends how you saw the player playing during the table. Was he aggressive or anything? Raising/3betting a lot? If you had any kind of those reads then I would just ship it.

Although if he rather was passive to 3bets and stuff then I might be even inclined to give up my hand. Why? Since it happens very often that those kind of guys are capable of picking such min-raises with KK+ which hardly beats us.

To the Call idea, I wouldn't Call either here vs his raise. Rather 3bet/Fold or 3bet/Broke than Call and let others come along. AKo ain't the greatest hand in multiway pot.

Best regards.
      I wasn't with him on the table for a long time, but I had stats of him before. His 3bet % is 14.3, and if it helps, his AF is 7.3, which makes him pretty aggressive for a guy with 72% vpip.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, as I saw the previous hand about AT hopefully it was before it. :D So against that kind of opponent I would just 4bet and get it in. Seems like a maniac-type of guy.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well, as I saw the previous hand about AT hopefully it was before it. :D So against that kind of opponent I would just 4bet and get it in. Seems like a maniac-type of guy.
      Hehe that was afterwards :D