NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10)
      BB ($8.61)
      UTG ($11.12)
      UTG+1 ($25.25)
      CO ($10.06)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.15) K:heart: 9:club: J:club:

CO bets $2.05, Hero folds

Stats: 72/19/7.3, 57 hands

I find it difficult to fold to this mini 3bet preflop. I think donks do that mostly to take control of the pot, to prevent me from cbetting them. If I was a donk who limp/called alot I'd get tired of getting raised pf and then cbetted too, so this mini-re-raise makes sense.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, some even do that with KK+ as well. :) That's the problem and of course even hands with like AK. As you see the guy has PFR of 19 which means he definitely is opening a lot of hands. But as well VPIP of 72 which means he is also limping a lot. Which could mean that he is having a wide limp/raise range here but at the same time it could mean that he is trying to trap here. I would definitely take into account his manners on stealing here.

But of course if you think he is playing back against your isolation raise then totally fine even to Call for the min-raise. We still have position postflop. But the only problem of course will be if the guy is a maniac and will attack us on many different boards with either CBetting too much or even Check/Raising. Or either way wont fold his mid-pair type of hands. For that reason I'd rather just fold it preflop and not start building up the pot with marginal hands.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, some even do that with KK+ as well. :) That's the problem and of course even hands with like AK. As you see the guy has PFR of 19 which means he definitely is opening a lot of hands. But as well VPIP of 72 which means he is also limping a lot. Which could mean that he is having a wide limp/raise range here but at the same time it could mean that he is trying to trap here. I would definitely take into account his manners on stealing here.

But of course if you think he is playing back against your isolation raise then totally fine even to Call for the min-raise. We still have position postflop. But the only problem of course will be if the guy is a maniac and will attack us on many different boards with either CBetting too much or even Check/Raising. Or either way wont fold his mid-pair type of hands. For that reason I'd rather just fold it preflop and not start building up the pot with marginal hands.

Best regards.
      Yep you didn't even need to see his cbet%, 100% cbet flop in 6 times, and 100% cbet turn in 3 times. Maniac guy is maniac :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep you didn't even need to see his cbet%, 100% cbet flop in 6 times, and 100% cbet turn in 3 times. Maniac guy is maniac :D

Well, yep. That's gonna be the problem against them. :D It will be hard for us to do the hero-calls on flop & turn with just A high. :f_eek: