Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.15)
      BB ($3)
      UTG ($18.11)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($2.40)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: 4:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, fold, CO calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.50) 9:club: 5:spade: 3:club:

Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

TURN ($5.50) 9:club: 5:spade: 3:club: K:heart:

Hero bets $3, CO folds

Stats: 19/15, 38% steal in 28 hands

Is it ok to 3bet even with only 28 hands? The Hold'em manager leak buster says I should 3bet more preflop, especially from SB and BB, and it's true I don't 3bet much :P
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, if you are against a reasonable CO then rather 3bet than Call since he wont pay you off with loose stealing range there. But of course mainly depends on the player as well. I still consider players being bad enough to just Call even in NL10.

But as played seems to be fine, good card for 2nd barrel to get him off any weak pair/PP.

Well, leak buster is a good program. :P But if it says to 3bet a lot more then don't take it as a must. Since if you do 3bet a lot more then you as well will find yourself in a lot more difficult situations where you just do a lot more mistakes while being in bigger pots. Do you think you are ready for that? Especially against rather unknown opponent.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Well, if you are against a reasonable CO then rather 3bet than Call since he wont pay you off with loose stealing range there. But of course mainly depends on the player as well. I still consider players being bad enough to just Call even in NL10.

But as played seems to be fine, good card for 2nd barrel to get him off any weak pair/PP.

Well, leak buster is a good program. :P But if it says to 3bet a lot more then don't take it as a must. Since if you do 3bet a lot more then you as well will find yourself in a lot more difficult situations where you just do a lot more mistakes while being in bigger pots. Do you think you are ready for that? Especially against rather unknown opponent.

Best regards.
      I'll try to not start 3betting too much, I'll 3bet light mostly with suited connectors, PPs, suited aces. I don't know if I'm ready, but I have to start some time, and there are much worse regs than me doing light 3bets :P

I've seen a pokerstrategy video that suggests a standard range of 22-99, K9s-KJs, 75s-T8s, A2-ATs, KJo, 45s-JTs for re-steals. What do you think of that range? I don't understand the KJ, JT and AT, because our K, A and J will often be dominated.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, most of the hands you wrote are doable obviously. But myself I would advice you to start doing them with broadways which at least have some kind of equity against some stealing range. For example:
      KJo/KJs

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    51.14%  49.21%   1.93% { KJs, KJo }
      UTG+1  48.86%  46.93%   1.93% { 55+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A4o+, K8o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }

You see you are even ahead in long run vs 35% stealing range.

But for example:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    37.48%  36.96%   0.52% { 65s }
      UTG+1  62.52%  62.00%   0.52% { 55+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A4o+, K8o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }

You are far-far behind, only way you gonna play the hand profitable is. Either you make them fold preflop (for that you gonna need high fold to 3bet). Or either way you gonna make them fold postflop which means they have to have low WTSD and also fold to CBet. So mostly our hand is gonna play for it.

I wouldn't pay much attention on the domination thing. It's still the case that we will be able to get away with our hand if we play it correctly.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Well, most of the hands you wrote are doable obviously. But myself I would advice you to start doing them with broadways which at least have some kind of equity against some stealing range. For example:
      KJo/KJs

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    51.14%  49.21%   1.93% { KJs, KJo }
      UTG+1  48.86%  46.93%   1.93% { 55+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A4o+, K8o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }

You see you are even ahead in long run vs 35% stealing range.

But for example:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    37.48%  36.96%   0.52% { 65s }
      UTG+1  62.52%  62.00%   0.52% { 55+, A2s+, K3s+, Q5s+, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 87s, A4o+, K8o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }

You are far-far behind, only way you gonna play the hand profitable is. Either you make them fold preflop (for that you gonna need high fold to 3bet). Or either way you gonna make them fold postflop which means they have to have low WTSD and also fold to CBet. So mostly our hand is gonna play for it.

I wouldn't pay much attention on the domination thing. It's still the case that we will be able to get away with our hand if we play it correctly.
      Hmm and what about against a MP raise from a player with 18% pfr for example. I should tighten my range obviously, but I'll be in position and I can expect him to call with 5% or something, so I can still 3bet light a lot. What range do you suggest for that?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, sure why not? Position is the most important in this spot. Also if the opponent is capable of folding preflop a lot of his range or as well even postflop is pretty much fit/Fold then why not?

The more higher you get the more 3bet/4bets you will get, the more lighter you gonna Call raises and stuff. :) But on those limits I wouldn't really pay that much attention on 3bets doing very light while we still just trying to not overplay fishy players. :D