Bronze
      Can someone tell me whats the optimal number of buy ins for:
      1)SNG turbo 45 men
      2)SNG turbo 18 men
      3)SNG turbo 9 men
      4)SNG hyper turbo 6 men
      5)SNG heads up
      6)MTTs
      Please don't give me an article with bankroll management cause it doesn't say anything except 2% bankroll, and i know its different for different games cause there are different chances of getting ITM.
      P.S.
      My bankroll is 44 dollars
  • 4 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      stares ........... care to tell me the amount of each games buy in you are thinking of playing ??? :s_o:

or is it assumed it is the lowest buy in possible for each limit, if so what site :f_biggrin: ???
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well with 40$ you really have no choice but to play the lowest limits possible and your not even rolled for that. Basically the more players are in the tournament the bigger the variance as well as hyper turbos being more swingy then normal turbos.

The 2% bankroll rule means 50BI's which i think its pretty solid to move up and take 10BI shots. If you don't feel comfortable moving up and down then go with a 100BI's. But once you reach a limit that you feel like grinding for a living then you need at least 200BI's for sngs and about 500BI's for MTTs.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hello SRB

I think the "correct" answer to your question is to play with as many buy-ins you need to keep you comfertable as soon as you start playing out of your comfort zone chances are you wont be playing your A game so really its personal preferance although for multi table SNGs i wouldnt be happy with anyless than 50bis and id still feel shaky at that.

Hypers are crazy and imo 100bi's would be recommended

HUsngs - depends how good your HU game is really i know people that use 30-40BIs successfully and some people that swear by 100minimum

And of course MTT vairiance is huge with those player pools so basically you need lots of buy ins esp if you arent very experienced in them and have studied how to play the different phases etc.

Imo you should pick the game you most ENJOY playing and work your ass off at that one type for now then when you start to master or at least strongly beat one game type you can introduce others

Hope this is useful to you

Regards

Carl
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Thanks for your help guys i appreciate it, this has helped me alot.
      P.S. my bankroll is now 66$ :D