[NL2-NL10] Kk Nl10

• ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      well this is the hand i played recently.... i know most of people say never to fold kings, to play it exactly like aces preflop, but idk... this time i thought of folding and turns out i was right.... made the call, but he showed AA.

2 people limped, i raise to $0.50 from MP3, BU calls , guy from BB 3bet me for 1$, now i thought he is a donk with AA, trying to get more people in the pot or something with this min-raise, (he was 45/22 calling station) but what the heck, i have kings, i 4bet for $3.50, BU folds and BB 5bets me to $5.... i mean... what? looks like he really has aces.... i push all in and he (after about 40seconds of deciding - no idea what he was deciding to do), he calls.... showes AA..

was there any chance of getting away from that hand? i was almost sure he had aces after that first weird min-raise. but looks like i cant fold kings there...

also, most of the people say, that on these limits, you should fold to a 3bet when ur holding AK or QQ (which, really, proved profitable to me because 90% of the people are only 3betting with KK,AA - which have u dominated or QQ/AK which gives you a flip)..
      so technically, KK is only a slightly better right?

i mean, if u 3bet with KK and someone 4bets, u can be almost certain he has aces right? not likely to hold KK as well, and QQ/AK would not do that...
      also, if someone 3bets and you 4bet and villain 5bets/all in he is most certainly holding AA as well right?
      looks like a stupid idea to fold kings after a 4bet, but, most of the times i go all in/call all in with KK, im up against aces....
      and if ur folding AK/QQ to a 3bet (which proves to be good), why not fold KK to 4bet? its not likely he is holding a worse hand
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ferotaraba,

Nope, we ain't gonna fold the hand. :) Not on those limits or without even having any stats or reads on the opponent. Have you tried to use any tracking software? So you wouldn't need to write the hands you play? :P

Don't be result oriented. I guess if you would have won the hand you would never come to ask that here. :D But while you face AA that's the reason why you came here.

Best regards.
    • ferotaraba
      ferotaraba
      Bronze
      well, im using PokerCrusher software, it has a huge database on players, but it doesnt have a tracking software. I tried elephant, even Pokertracker3, but i always encounter a problem when im trying to install this PostgreSQL (or whatever its calles) thing, there seems to be some kind of a problem.... couldnt create a database" it says :(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ferotaraba
      well, im using PokerCrusher software, it has a huge database on players, but it doesnt have a tracking software. I tried elephant, even Pokertracker3, but i always encounter a problem when im trying to install this PostgreSQL (or whatever its calles) thing, there seems to be some kind of a problem.... couldnt create a database" it says :(
      Try to uninstall everything. Also Mysql and other database things and try to follow this:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/12228/

If you can't manage still to find a solution contact me again, I will help you out with it. :) A lot of players do have the problem with it in the beginning.