Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2.15
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:spade: , 5:spade:
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.08) Q:spade: , 6:diamond: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.08) 7:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

River: ($0.12) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.48, SB calls $0.36.

Final Pot: $1.08

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (6h 4d)
      Hero shows a straight, seven high (Ts 5s)

Hero wins with a straight, seven high (Ts 5s)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: Just fold it preflop. :D You can't really hit much with your hand and might do a lot of mistakes postflop. The guy has a huge AF which means he is capable of barreling a lot as well? If he does then I'd just fold my hand most likely with no doubt.

As played
      Postflop: If he didn't bet the flop then why not just take it down? I would most likely do so. :) But as played well, I wouldn't really raise a lot bigger. There is still a chance that he might even have a better straight or for us it's just a split and we pay just rake.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Its a min-raise and we are in position.

Is it really such a mistake to see a flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Its a min-raise and we are in position.

Is it really such a mistake to see a flop?
      Well, what do you want to hit with your hand? You will just never know where you stand with it. Either you hit your T or 5, you will never know if it's good enough. Or even if you hit your flush you also wont be sure of it.

Plus you will rarely have fold equity postflop against rather loose opponent who seems to be station-like opponent and very aggressive.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Advice based around the stake & ability or just applicable in all situations?

For example would you, with you extensive post-flop experience, fold this hand to min-raise HU in position against an aggressieve opponent, or call/raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Advice based around the stake & ability or just applicable in all situations?

For example would you, with you extensive post-flop experience, fold this hand to min-raise HU in position against an aggressieve opponent, or call/raise?
      Well, if I expect the opponent to pay us very often if we hit hardly or either way I expect to have fold equity then of course we could play the hand. But while there wasn't the case I wouldn't play it. :)

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    34.78%  33.90%   0.88% { Ts5s }
      UTG+1  65.22%  64.34%   0.88% { 22+, A2s+, K5s+, Q7s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, A5o+, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }

As you see we ain't gonna play the hand so profitable in long run, we have to find ways to play the hand profitable postflop if we calling like this. Which means we have to take a lot of stabs postflop even if we don't hit.