This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A10 sb vs resteal

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) IPoker
      Hero ($8.84)
      BB ($4.80)
      UTG ($9.90)
      UTG+1 ($4.87)
      UTG+2 ($10.33)
      MP1 ($10.83)
      MP2 ($12.49)
      MP3 ($11.83)
      CO ($3)
      BTN ($16.38)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) 9:spade: J:spade: A:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $1.10, Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $3.90 (AI), Hero calls $0.90

Is this an ok way to play the hand against his small stack. villain is fairly tight tag but is quite aggressive as the bb vs a stealer specially from the small blind
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

Add to full stack.

Preflop: Well, against a mid-stack it will be pretty hard to play postflop. I mean we can't just Call and hope for a hit. Also even if we do hit we will might be in trouble with our kicker. Without really knowing him overall or either stats I wouldn't do it and just fold it right here. As you said he is tight-tag so he is not that likely to 3bet light against you.

As played
      Postflop: Well, as you hit pretty much the TP I don't think that you can change much. Although the question is if to Check/Shove here vs his range. But while there are couple of draws like for broadways which he can even be 3betting with then I don't mind that kind of play to get directly in.

Best regards.