Its time to get serious! - Becky's Blog

• becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Hi all, I’m Becky from Preston UK. I’ve been playing poker now for about 18 months and thought it was about time i started taking this more seriously and upped my game... so i decided to make a blog to help motivate me.

I started getting really interested in poker about 10 months ago which is when I came across this site. I managed to pass the quiz and get my $50 starting capital at Stars. From then I mainly played NL2 BSS FR and slowly managed to build my bankroll up to around $150.

In June I had to withdraw my capital for various reasons and decided to try and get a staking deal to play NL5. Lucky for me, I managed to get a deal with ‘tomzyb’ but this ended prematurely on the staker’s request due to no fault of my own. He gave me some great feedback though, so in August ‘Wriggers’ contacted me and kindly offered to stake me and give me some help to improve.

I started out this time with $100 and my current bankroll is $123.61. I haven’t had a great amount of time to get that many hands in so far, but I’m hoping to be able to play a lot more from now on and really try and get things moving forward. My plans are to continue playing NL5 BSS FR for the time being, although there is a possibility I may change to SH at some point.

Goals

 Play at least 1,000 hands per day
       Crush NL5 and move to NL10
       Finish Reading ‘The Poker Mindset’ and ‘The Poker Blueprint’
       Read a least one chapter / strategy article or watch one video per day
       Post more hands for evaluation
       Get to Gold status on PS.com
       Eventually move up the limits and go Pro

That’s about it for now, I will update again soon with my progress.
  • 26 replies
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Gl with it all :)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi becky! welcome to our blog section! :heart:
      wonderful to see more girls around here. good luck in your goals.
      crush those tables! :s_cool:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Becky,

Very glad to see you in the blogging section :)

Best of luck with your endeavours and I'm sure you can teach us boys a thing or two :D

Gary
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Becky,

Welcome to our blog section! We're looking forward to your blog actions :s_cool:

Ingrid
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Suppose I should comment :D GL with everything, any questions about hands or anything and i'm always willing to answer on Skype :)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yup - GL indeed!
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Hi again all,

Thank you for all your support guys, really appreciate it

A bit of an update so far. I haven’t played as many hands as I would have liked the past few days, only about 900 hands but its been going quite well so far. I’m up another £24.75, yay me :)

Bankroll - $149.90

Heres a couple of hands from my last session:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG+1: $3.37
      MP: $2.00
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $4.00
      SB: $11.81
      Hero (BB): $5.35
      UTG: $1.93

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 6:heart: 6:club:

fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.20, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) K:heart: 4:club: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27

Turn: ($0.96, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.65, Hero raises to $1.95, CO calls $1.30

River: ($4.86, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $2.93 and is all-in, CO calls $2.58 and is all-in

Hero shows 6:heart: 6:club: (Full House, Sixes full of Fours) (PreFlop 55%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      CO shows A:heart: K:diamond: (Two Pair, Kings and Fours) (PreFlop 45%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $9.54

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $4.93
      UTG+1: $12.50
      MP: $3.52
      MP+1: $1.08
      LP: $3.29
      CO: $2.05
      BTN: $8.75
      SB: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, LP raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.70, LP calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.42, 2 players) 5:spade: 4:club: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $0.88, LP raises to $2.59 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.71

Turn: ($6.60, 2 players) 6:diamond:

River: ($6.60, 2 players) 6:heart:

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:heart: (Full House, Sixes full of Queens) (PreFlop 71%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      LP shows A:diamond: J:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (PreFlop 29%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins $6.28
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      With the 66 hand, you should give some thought to what happens if villain checks behind on the turn: you have no chance to get his whole stack.

Alternative is to check/raise the flop or check/call flop and lead out on the turn.

At this limit you should be able to check raise your monsters for value.
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      With the 66 hand, you should give some thought to what happens if villain checks behind on the turn: you have no chance to get his whole stack.

Alternative is to check/raise the flop or check/call flop and lead out on the turn.

At this limit you should be able to check raise your monsters for value.
      Thanks for your advice Tim64, i see what you mean. I think my reasoning at the time was that he only seemed to have been betting when he had something so i checked again thinking he would bet.
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Played a few more hands over the past few days and im 1 1/2 bi down. Not to bad but i think i could have done better, should have defo played more than i did.

Bankroll - $142.26

I also played the Titan Daily $100 freeroll today and came 4th :s_cool: Only $6 but hey every little helps :D .
      Im gonna give the Stars Womens Poker League a go this month so it turned out to be good practice.
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Ok so since my last update i have started playing a few tournaments. I have played 3 of the Womens Poker League this month and have won twice and placed once. Last time i checked i was leading overall :)

Im not a huge fan of playing cash at the same time as tourney's so Wriggers has agreed to stake me so i can play some other MTT's at the same time.

I will still be trying to get as much cash play in as i can. However I am really enjoying playing MTT's at the moment. It gets me playing for longer when i do play because i cant exactly just stop playing whenever i want. It ties me down and makes me play. Its not been going to bad either, no big wins yet but a few small cashes.

My current bankroll - $ 150.09

I thought i would also post a graph. This is since Wriggers started staking me on NL5. Not many hands yet, quite shocked at my red line though.

• Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Nice graph :s_cool: :s_cool: Obviously no sample size but if you keep at it that winrate is sustainable at NL5 barring any sick runbad :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      nice blog :)

Are you by any chance this becky?
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      @wriggers, Thanks, cross fingers i keep it up :)

@ Gerv, yep thats me ;) ..... ok maybe not, but there is a resemblance... if you stand faaaar away and squint lol
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      hi all,

Sorry its been ages since my last post. Its been toooo long. What can i say... im lazy... but mostly very shy :s_grin:

Anyway, just thought i would let everyone know im still alive, and still playing. Wriggers is still staking me and im now on NL10 :s_cool:

Current bankroll is at $317.13

Im still working on getting my volume up and working on my game, reading articles and watching vids etc. Feeling a lot more motivated since the new year, hopefully this will be a good year.

Gunna leave it there for now, I will try not to leave it as long before my next post this time. Might even post an updated graph soon.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome back :)

Did you stick to your 1000 Hands per day?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Make me richer while I can't play please? :D
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Welcome back :)

Did you stick to your 1000 Hands per day?
      No unfortunately not, im working on it though. One thing i am struggling with is getting decent volume in. its getting better though. Il get there soon, hopefully :D
    • becky1464
      becky1464
      Bronze
      hey all,

Not much to report really. Been quite swingy the past few days so not really got anywhere. I have however set up my own website to try and get some TAF referrals as haven't had any yet. Its a work in progress but hopefully it works and i can get some $$$ for my bankroll, yay!

Im also gunna give one of the $0.50+R sats a go in about 30mins to try and get in to the Red Spade Open on Stars. Think i will give myself a limit of 2 rebuys and an add on and see how it goes.

Wish me luck :D