This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKo

• dany2391
      dany2391
      Bronze
      Do you think it's the right move against this player?The min-raise looked kind of weak so I decided to ship it right away.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.5
      Hero:
      $2.97

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $2.97 (All-In), BB calls $1.36 (All-In).

Flop: ($4.48) 6:diamond: , 5:heart: , 2:spade:
      Turn: ($4.48) J:spade:
      River: ($4.48) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.48
  • 2 replies
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hi danny2391 not too keen on that play just because someone min raises dosnt mean they weak. From his vpip of 56, yes he can have any 2 cards like 72o but he could also slow play AA.

Think best line would have been call and re evaluate on flop.

For similar situation to what I had see this thread
      NL2 BSS AKo wrong bluff

Regards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dany2391,

Even if you decide to 3bet there why do you ship it directly? I mean you are just forcing all weaker hands to fold there. I don't like it that much. Plus obviously against rather tighter PFR I might even prefer at the best just Call and play postflop for the given odds than 3bet and at the best for us it might be a flip.

Best regards.