Stack
      BB:
      $12.21
      MP2:
      $4.05
      Hero:
      $11.65

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.30, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, BB calls $0.80, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($2.15) 6:club: , 3:heart: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.12, BB calls $1.12.

Turn: ($4.39) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.39) Q:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $5.2, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.39

I was preparing to call up to pot size bet but the villian's overbet on the river spooked me. I wondered if it was a good fold..
  • 3 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Please forgive my ignorance as I cannot really understand the stats. I mean I got HM and never used properly Pokerstrategy.com Elephant so because Im not sure how to read the stats I will avoid that.

The reason I decide to answer to this hand even if Im not an expert on that is because I really cannot understand the thinking processing behind the passivity on the Turn.

I mean we got a monster hand that eventually its still ahead on the Turn why we don bet there?

Why we give him a free card to hit an eventual Ace that will beat us then or to hit a draw (improbable) but still remote possibility.

So, finally and without any double thought, I will bet the Turn always! :)
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      BB is a calling station, you should bet way more on the flop ($1.7) and bet turn and river, he'll call you down with any PP and 6x.

As played I'd fold too, because his AF is very low, so he probably has 3x betting that strong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Titicamara,

Standard would be to bet the flop/turn bigger and then just ship the river. :) There are just so many worse hands which may Call you.

But as played well, against his kind of bet there I doubt he is doing that with a lot worse. Could even be that he did catch the Q with QQ. He is not bluffing there.

Best regards.