KiromanAAKK

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi Friends, Im so excited to this new course as I was very sad last week when the previous one was ended! :)

I have walk long way during the past 8 week of the previous course and I must be honest, the result of my studies have go over my aspectations, specially for what concern my math. In fact, even if Im still struggle and Im not a math wizard, the course has helped me a lot (and when I say a lot I mean a lot ;) ).

Without go to far with sweetness, the experiece with our Coach Veriz has been great, Im proud to have such a Coach and Im honoured that he has me as his student. His kindness and paitence are above anything I have experience so far in my learning carrier (poker I mean) and Im look forward to have a new start!

Just brief about me, I am living in UK, Bristol, England and I born in Italy! smile

I m playing NL2 and NL5. I have almoststart with the Pokerstrategy.com capital of $50 and now the bankroll is more healthy :)

As said above, Im looking to learn more and became a better player. :f_biggrin:

Also, look forward to beat the level and play more high limits to bring me to another level of playing and as a player. :)

:f_biggrin:
  • 246 replies
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Welcome back Kiro for another round of learning.

Wanna skype?

mine:bbosstjan
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Good to have on board as well. :) Lets hope we will manage to get your BR even higher and move up the limits which is definitely a dream of most of the members in PokerStrategy. :>

Best regards.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Homework 1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)
      Answer 1: Without hide behind a finger, I would say that my main motivation for playing poker come from the dream to become a professional poker player. Make a living out my favourite game and work with the most attractive job in the world is more then a motivation and it worth the effort and the hard work to get there.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are doing during your games? Are you playing while tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write as many as you think are affecting you.)
      Answer 2: My main weakness (yes, I have many different weakness point in my poker’s personality) is the famous and lethal “Tilt”. That negative state of mind is at moment my worst nightmare and it is the cause of my unsuccessful, at moment. It become very hard to be focus and profitable when inside yourself you burning do another badbeat or some similar accident that may cause the negative emotion like the tilt.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight-aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is, and why does it work.)
      Answer 3: Tight aggressive or TAG is a particular style (many say winner strategy) for playing where a player playing only an accurate selection of hands from the starting hand (SH) and increase the probability of winning by enter in the pot only when almost favourite. These days this strategy has become more diffuse and used by many players thanks to the huge amount of strategy tips, and materials offered online and from our school Pokerstrategy.com where more players have become aware of the importance of hand’s selection related to the position. So, finally for Tight-aggressive style we intend a strategy where we enter the pot only with a certain number of hands, almost with high percentage of win and play those hands aggressively (from that the terminology of Tight for small number of hands and Aggressive for the aggressively used to play them).
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Last night, after a long time (the longest since I started play) around couple weeks or so, I have stopped the hemorrhage that was make my bankroll blooding. :f_cool:

The passage from FR (Full-ring) to short-handed (6max) has been a bad of blood for my so small and fragile ( :D ) bankroll that now it need a transfusion. :D

Anyway, the ridicule part of all that is that even Im a tight guy, I have token this wrong tendecy to laggy my game (and in all honesty I dont know where the hell come from) with stats for myself more close to a fishy-super-donk then my usual game-style.

Anyway, thanks Lord, I have address (at least for now) the problem and it seem that the all lot start working fine now.

One explaination may be the contamination of the MTTs in my playing. In fact, it may be an answer, as I was push a lot in that format during the past month (I want win bigger to take my family to holiday :D ) and it may be the cause of the recent disaster.

Now, we will see! Only the time can be the right judge and tell us whatever was that the problem or it was/is this (in an anlogic way to express :D ).
      We will see! :f_cool:
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Why Ingrid didn't say nothing to my introduction and almost any of my threads?

Have I done something wrong? Did I offended here?

Why, I have only ugly, strong hormon, macho answer to me and interact with my posts?

Am I so ugly and repulsive that a beauty thing like a sweet flower feel disgusted by my persona?

I want beautiful girls talk to me!!!!! :f_cry:
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      For 6max (SH) tables, would be a range of open/raise like the one below right and profittable in the long run?

66+, AJ+, KJs+, 78s+

TY :)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Open raising range depends heavily on a lot of factors, like position, opponents, your table image, history etc.. There is no such a thing like "profitable open raising range". If you're just a starter in a SH, then you can use Open raising charts. You can found them here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1671/1/

And, cmon, man... don't call yourself ugly :( You know, patience is a virtue - in poker and in life too. And I'm sure that sooner or later or/and especially then she will see you sad, she will answer you, for sure ;)

If you have any more questions with SH you can ask me too :)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Very kind of you Staktas :)
      TYVM :heart:
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Would it be better than to open/raise also 22, 33, 44, 55 instead of the suited I have included in the previous range?

• staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I, personally, tend to open raise any pocket pair from any position first in, and any suited connector 45s+ from Middle position+. But as I said, it depends very much on table dynamics.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      For a loose table (like the micros are), what is best?

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi kiro! :)
      Listen, raising lets say 22; 33; 44, and so on from early position on a shorthanded tables depends on a lot of things.
      Here are some of the things to look out for, but not in the right order maybe, ok?
      A
      1.We can hit a set and win villain's stack = nice
      2.We can hit and have to fold postflop = not nice
      3.We can hit and lose our stack =sucks
      4.We can hit and villain folds = sucks
      5.We can get reraised preflop and have to fold = sucks
      6. We can hit and win a bit and then villain folds = :(
      7. We can hit and lose abit and then have to fold :)

I'm just beginning and already it looks like I have alot to think about, whew!

B
      What about stack sizes? If we use the call 20 rule which is a good one, we need anybody on the nl2 table who calls our raise to have at least $1.60. If they do not and even if they go broke and we win with our set, we are actually losing money over the long term even if we win this particaular pot, because this is what the call 20 rule is telling us is mathematically the case.

C
      And if we raise from early position and get rerraised? We mostly have to fold dont we? But who are our oponents? ARe they 3bet happy? If so, don't bother raising from early suited connectors and small pocket pairs at micros.

Yes I know a lot of things depend on a lot of other things but you surely get the general idea? Is you raise small pocket pairs and/or suited connectors like 67s/45s/78s etc., you must have the postflop skill to back them up, or you are just raising 'becasuse you can'.

Always remember, when you bet you need to know why you are betting. If you don't know why you are betting, why are you doing it? :)
      You would raise AA, but ask yourself; 'Why?'
      So the same goes with every hand you play and every bet you make. If you can't justify the bet don't make it.

GL with the school, you'll be just fine! :heart:
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Well, if there are couple of loose, not folding preflop nor postflop fishies and you don't have a position on them, i tend to open raise more broadways, because you can extract a lot of value, if you hit top pair, but open raise only bigger suited connectors and pps. Open raise these hands, which you can comfortably play postflop against certain opponents.

At least that's how I tend to play. Veriz could help you much more on this topic.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK

Why, I have only ugly, strong hormon, macho answer to me and interact with my posts?

Am I so ugly and repulsive that a beauty thing like a sweet flower feel disgusted by my persona?

hahaha! i'll get her for you ;)

glad to see you've learned a lot in the first course. i'm also happy to see you very active in the live coachings.
      you have really great enthusiasm and energy. i know im not ingrid, but welcome to the beginner's course! :f_biggrin:

smiles,
      wendy
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK

Woott?! :( I didn't?

I've met you in so many threads, lost count! :f_biggrin:

Biggest, warmest welcome to the Beginners Course and congrats graduating from our previous awesomest school! :heart:

How do you feel, improved? What you expecting from this round? Shall we play an nl2 match you and me? :) obv proper brm is required ;)

and having fizzy welcoming you is like the nuuuuuutz! she's my girl :) queen of the forum and cutest chick in our mod team! I also have a personal account and I posted in the beginners question board just so I could have her answer me..and she did... I'm telling ya, she's the nuutz! :]

oki, looking forward to hear from you!
      Ingi
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello kiromanAAKK,

Easiest wait to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own wanting. Some may put it higher, some lower. And after the stop you can easily just spend some time with evaluating your play. But I guess you have read already about that and hope you have set a stop-loss for yourself.

True that loosing sessions are always cruel and it's hard to come back after them. After you have lost some money it really puts you into tough spot. But we will always come back no matter what. :) Since we love poker! We just have to find for ourselves a great way how to manage this kind of tilt. What we should do, how long we should take break, when we should even take break. Sometimes even taking a peace of paper and writing everything down helps. Like write pro-s and con-s playing while tilted. Write also how to avoid that you get tilted or not sad or anything. If you start thinking about lost money or lost sessions and how many bad beats you got you will just get more tilty. But rather try to avoid that kind of situation. Since poker is still a game where you will get bad beats no matter what, the game doesn't change for you. Only changes your game if you start thinking of it. ;)

Welcome to the Course and Best of luck! First points earned.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      On this table we had the best client a poker player can only dream to have:
      A super-fish Donk on tilt

me and the other two guys were basically try to play as much pot with him to make profit out his fishy play-style and more off from his tilting

So, when he shove I knew for sure I was miles above his range

but ...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.70)
      BB ($1.01)
      UTG ($5.87)
      Hero ($2.77)
      BTN ($4.66)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: A:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, BB raises to $1.01 (AI), fold, Hero calls $0.95

FLOP ($2.09) 4:spade: A:club: 2:spade:

TURN ($2.09) 4:spade: A:club: 2:spade: 7:diamond:

RIVER ($2.09) 4:spade: A:club: 2:spade: 7:diamond: J:club:

Hero shows Q:spade: A:heart:
      (Pre 66%, Flop 97.7%, Turn 88.6%)

BB shows J:diamond: 7:spade:
      (Pre 34%, Flop 2.3%, Turn 11.4%)

BB wins $1.99

I posted this hand because its exactly the expression of my running so far in the last two weeks. :f_mad:

In another occasion against against the some opponent I isolate him this time with K8s to face his K3o that he call my open/raise and again he got me with K and 3 on the board.

Finally, every1 made money on that table last night and Im the only one losted. Its going on (as said already) like that almost couple weeks and it become very hard and difficult to keep calm and stay focus.

Its easy to lose confidence and self-stime when everything is against you as I often doudt about my capacity to approach the game. When you losing always no matter what you hold, become very hard to stay in the rail.

Consequencies of all that is obviously my game, my concentration to my A-game and in fact, Im just cannot believe how Im playing at moment.

A part the fact that Im totally out of the SHC for start but also Im making silly mistake that even a beginner doesn't make.

Im clearly on tilt otherwise I cannot explain what's happening to my game; but the funny thing is that when Im playing Im sure Im playing tight and solid and that Im stickking to the SHC wher ein reality Im not.

Im seriously worry about! :(
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      Kiro if you feel that something is wrong try to go back to basics.

I know that you feel you are already above that and you've learned a lot in the first BSS school, but I'm speaking from personal experience.

Lately I've made the same mistake to believe that somehow I was entitled to fish's money and there is no way that I could loose money to them since I'm so much better, after all I graduated from first beginner BSS school :f_biggrin: .

Well I think you can guess how that ended. X(

Not to loose to much time, just go over the basics, just for a few days stick to SHC and do some ABC plays, and don't be scared to fold a medium strong hand.

As for the hand you've posted, there's nothing you can do about it, just a cooler. Mark the guy and locate him next time you sit down at the tables and surely you'll pik up the money he donked from you.

GL m8
      :s_biggrin:
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Wow, nice job Gadget :) Thank you very much for take time to do that!

It has been very appreciate, I think I will get study as soon Im slow down my disappointment for the poor results (again X( ) of yesterday. It seem a good point where to start my studying today.