[NL2-NL10] NL4 99 hit trips against aggresive opp

• Jaccuzzi
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 9:spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.32.

Flop: ($0.90) 9:diamond: , 8:heart: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.90) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.67, Hero calls $0.67.

River: ($2.24) T:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.12, Hero raises to $3.92 (All-In), BB raises to $3.72 (All-In).

Final Pot: $9.88

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9h 9s)
      BB shows (Kh Ks)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9h 9s)

preflop i raise/call according to call 20 rule the reraise didn't suprise me cause opponent was kinda loose agressive.
      Flop was dry and opp was agressive so i chose slowplay line.
      2 on turn was kinda blank so i slowplayed a little bit and on river i was sure that i have the best hand so i pushed all in.
      So the question did i played right ? should i reraised turn ? because i don't think that a lot players would call that big raise on river even ones with stats like opp.
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      What do you think you called his reraise with call 20 rule? $0,44*20 = $8,80 stack. ?(

Preflop: From his 492 hands he doesn't look like a bluffy guy, he has high AF, but his vpip and defending blinds don't look very loose. If you thought he was aggressive and making a move, then calling with 99 is a mistake. There are many flops which you don't like and you can expect him to cbet and even 2nd barrel. With potential 2 overcards on the board it will be very difficult for you to continue. It's tempting but not profitable in the long run.

Flop: Because flop looks so dry he might think you're bluffing and call you. I do understand your line, giving him another chance on the turn.

Turn: I would definitely raise here. Why? This card doesn't change a thing and you're basically not representing anything here. Also your goal is to get it in, so building the pot is something we have to do. There is also FD possible so we should protect ourselves. I would raise here to $1,95 so we make out river decision easier.

River: How played this is probably the best play.

Problem with slowplaying is that in many cases we don't get enough money so playing straightforward is better in most cases.
    • veriz
      Hello Jaccuzzi,

Preflop: We rather use Call15 rule here which of course is totally fine for the 3bet pot. :)
      Flop: Although I don't like that much the idea behind Checking here. I guess I would just take a stab here. :D Usually those aggressive players who have high CBet value if they don't CBet such a board it could as well even meant that they are slowplay. But of course your play ain't that wrong either. You can still get his stack on further streets.

As played
      Turn: Seems to be fine and let him maybe even 2nd barrel with a hand like AK. Against rather standard player I would consider raising the turn smallish to make it look like a bluff. :>
      River: Ship it.

Best regards.
    • Jaccuzzi
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      What do you think you called his reraise with call 20 rule? $0,44*20 = $8,80 stack. ?(
      in 3bet pots we can use call15 rule so 0.32*15=4.8 because in 3bet pots opponents ussualy give up their stack more often.