Dealt to Hero 7:diamond: 7:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.65) 3:heart: K:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.48, Hero calls $0.48

TURN ($1.61) 3:heart: K:diamond: 5:diamond: K:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($4.61) 3:heart: K:diamond: 5:diamond: K:club: 3:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.45, Hero

i thought he would check basically anything here apart from jj or QQ defending itself...
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: No stats about the villain. If he's super aggressive and 2nd barrels often I even fold this hand preflop. There are too many overcards to our pair to play it profitable against aggressive opponents. Let's say he was unknown.

Flop: His 3/4 cbet looks strong but if we called preflop, we must call his cbet. Against aggressive not thinking auto cbetters I would even c/r from time to time. There is FD out and we can expect overcards to our PP to come. We want to take it on the flop.

Turn: This card changes nothing and he basically represents K or some PP. In both cases we're beat. We beat only FD but I don't believe he bets so strong on the turn with only FD. I think turn call is a very bad play. I can't find a range, we're 51% favorite.

River: This is it. What exactly were we expecting on the river? If we called big turn bet we should call a river bet too. Thing is that on river we realize that we can't beat anything. Folding is the correct play, but we should do it at least one street earlier.

I think you should fold on this turn. It looks nice card, but not for our hand, because there are many rivers that might help opp range more than ours.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wacko118,

I don't like that much the Call on turn. He is still 2nd barreling there but it also contains a lot of stronger PPs. For that given reason I don't really see many hands what we beat.

Best regards.