$1.50
      MP2:
      $5.35
      MP3:
      $0.94
      CO:
      $1.05

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, 3 folds, SB calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.22) 5, 6, T (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($0.22) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, MP2 folds, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.22.

Limping with AJ not the smartest move, didn't wanna wold either. Just because raiser checked the flop, made me think he missed everything and why would he check such draw heavy board. So the turn pretty much was a blank so I decided to bet and I took down the pot. So was my play post-flop correct, or should I never do that again? And how wrong was my AJ limp? Should I never limp like that again?
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: I don't like limping because it becomes dead money. On higher limits players will isolate you and with AJ you won't be able to call them. Even if you do sometimes, you will miss many flops and even when you hit your A you won't be comfortable playing OOP. My suggestion would be to raise yourself if you decide to play this hand.
      He raises you small so you're basically priced in. (If I limped I would call such a small raise, I wouldn't however call $0,12 raise)

Flop: You're done with the hand and your thoughts should be to c/f it. Continuing this hand would be stupid, because there are almost no turns that gives us big lead.

Turn: Turn is not so blank if you look better. There is FD + straight + two pair combos + sets... Leading here basically means "I hit something good". If you lead out and anybody calls you, you're done with the hand. Even if river comes J you can't be comfortable calling it.

You see why is good to either isolate preflop or fold it and wait for better hand? We were playing OOP, and we had to make so many decisions, which would cost us way less if we had the plan before limping AJ and seeing what flop brings.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      You see why is good to either isolate preflop or fold it and wait for better hand? We were playing OOP, and we had to make so many decisions, which would cost us way less if we had the plan before limping AJ and seeing what flop brings.
      Got my lesson, I will make sure I don't do anything like this again. Thanks for the feedback, you explained it very well. :s_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Preflop: Raise it right preflop, limping is just horrible. You ain't gonna play the hand profitable this way.

As played
      Postflop: Just Check behind on turn, they ain't folding better hands. Most of the other hands you beat by Checking.

Best regards.