[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR KQo in CO

• clandestineAl
      This was the laste of many hands against this guy. Not sure what is going on with elephant because his AF was showing as 8.4 and his VPIP was 88. He was pretty much playing every hand and even though Ihad position on him he was running rings around me. Waited til I had a really good hand. Knew he would reraise pretty much every flop with nothing. Tried to get it in all went down hill from there. How can I play against these kind of players that are so agro and bet hard with everything?

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.25) J:diamond: , T:spade: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP3 raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $0.65, MP3 calls $0.33.

Turn: ($1.55) T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.03, MP3 raises to $3.18, Hero calls $2.15.

River: ($7.91) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.06 (All-In), Hero calls $0.06.

Final Pot: $8.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a full-house, tens full of aces (Ad Tc)
      Hero shows (Ks Qd)

MP3 wins with a full-house, tens full of aces (Ad Tc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello clandestineAl,

Flop: I don't understand what's your idea behind the small 3bet on flop? Rather raise there properly while the board is still pretty draw-heavy! I'd raise ~$1,30 at least.

As played
      Turn: Well, the problem here is that a lot of 2pair type of combos did complete. Like T9/JT/99 and maybe even JJ, never know those loose players. For that given reason I might even be inclined to just Bet/Fold here. Unless you expect the opponent to Call you on flop with something like Tx then shipping is fine.

But you see how much easier the hand would be played if we would just play it correctly on flop? :)

Best regards.