Where does our equity go?

• whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      I've played 20,000 hands at 50NL for a winrate of a whopping -2PTBB/100 Hands. This is because i am constantly being outdrawn. You may think i am just saying this because i'm a loser but after 20,000 hands i have ran $450 under my expectation constantly being out drawn and pot commited.

1) I see majority of EV graphs running bad. Where does the equity go?

2) Where can i spend Sklansky Bucks?

(What i want from this thread : Comments like 'stick to it', 'thats bad itll be over soon', 'whatever doesnt kill you...')
  • 6 replies
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stick to it :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      It goes to me :D Well about ~200 of it.

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo Sklansky bucks would equal showdown winnings if you´re never had bad beats if you were ahead or suckouts when you´re behind.
      Since you´re good player and put your money in mostly when you´re then it is normal that you can´t win always, but you don´t put your money in mostly if you´re behind, then you also don´t get so much suckouts.
      Conclusion: if you play perfect poker, your graph is totally fine:D
    • whipflip15
      whipflip15
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Since you´re good player and put your money in mostly when you´re then it is normal that you can´t win always, but you don´t put your money in mostly if you´re behind, then you also don´t get so much suckouts.
      Conclusion: if you play perfect poker, your graph is totally fine:D
      I'm sorry but i don't know another way to put this other than you are wrong. SB and showdown winning should be equal as the number of hands approaches infinity or gets larger no matter how good or bad you are.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello whipflip15,

I found the missing Equity and Sklansky bucks:

And yes: Stick to it - it has to go up sooner or later :)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by whipflip15
      SB and showdown winning should be equal as the number of hands approaches infinity or gets larger no matter how good or bad you are.
      This should be true as it sounds perfectly reasonable. However, the way PokerEV works means that the SB vs SD_Winnings graph is skewed by both your playing style and that of your opponents. According to the creator of PokerEV, you can assess your luck ONLY by looking at the "all-in luck" graphs.