This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - Cold calling 3bet with QQ

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.76)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($10.42)
      UTG+1 ($3.50)
      CO ($13.21)
      BTN ($4.75)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, CO raises to $1, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.90, fold

FLOP ($2.35) 9:heart: 2:spade: 7:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.68, Hero calls $1.68

TURN ($5.71) 9:heart: 2:spade: 7:heart: T:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.71, Hero folds

Stats: 29/21, 14 hands

I guess he could have AQ+, TT+ preflop. On the turn I only beat JJ or AQ/AK with :heart: that's 2nd barreling.

Well played?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Well, I wouldn't say that he could be doing that with so wide range. If he is 3betting a lot then sure ye but while he is still 3betting against UTG range I might sometimes even prefer just folding here. But of course calling ain't wrong.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much you can do, most likely were beaten here.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Preflop: Well, I wouldn't say that he could be doing that with so wide range. If he is 3betting a lot then sure ye but while he is still 3betting against UTG range I might sometimes even prefer just folding here. But of course calling ain't wrong.

As played
      Postflop: Nothing much you can do, most likely were beaten here.

Best regards.
      Yea should have just folded... I have to fold on any K or A flops, and even if he has JJ he could play it like this on boards like this...
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      I don't understand the hand analysis at all. IMHO CO raising UTG+1 doesn't mean THAT much. Maybe UTG+1 was raising too often. Maybe CO was a good aggressive player. In both situations QQ should be still ahead of CO's 3b range. I would even go as 4b/call AI pre. If you called then you should donk bet the flop instead of getting passive there.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      I don't understand the hand analysis at all. IMHO CO raising UTG+1 doesn't mean THAT much. Maybe UTG+1 was raising too often. Maybe CO was a good aggressive player. In both situations QQ should be still ahead of CO's 3b range. I would even go as 4b/call AI pre. If you called then you should donk bet the flop instead of getting passive there.
      I think if you 4betted/shoved preflop only AK and KK-AA would continue. I agree with the donkbet though, to make AK fold.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tosh5457
      Originally posted by yeahyoung0312
      I think if you 4betted/shoved preflop only AK and KK-AA would continue. I agree with the donkbet though, to make AK fold.
      Doesn't matter. Odds allows a 4bet/call against AK/QQ+.