$1.00
      SB:
      $2.27
      BB:
      $3.66
      UTG2:
      $1.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, CO calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) T, 3, K (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, CO bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, BB folds, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($0.21) 5 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.41) A (2 players)
      CO bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14.

Final Pot: $0.69.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(Qc Kd).
      CO shows high card ace(8c 6c).

Hero wins with a pair of kings(Qc Kd).

So I limped with KQo from the button, I didn't think raising would be good because in front of me those were loose players and they would definitely call, or was I better folding the hand or raising? After the flop I didn't play aggressive, I didn't want to make the pot big because of the draws that can still come, but should I be better re-raising flop or turn? Should I always re-raise when I feel like I have a good hand, it's that they just don't like to fold no matter how bad odds they get, so I tend to keep the pot small. So is it better to still raise big, and win big pots when they don't hit and just lose a big one when they do hit?
  • 5 replies
    • yinyun
      yinyun
      Bronze
      Hello Krishjanis!

I do my homework for NL Beginners Course hope you do not mind and that it will be useful for both of us ;)

First thing i do not understand is why you play with 1$ stack? There aren't many learning materials for mid stack play.

Preflop
      The SHC says Fold, I think that's because so you avoid difficult situations, though I don't believe u will be dominated here - who would limp with AK?

Flop

I would definitely raise here! Your last thought is right. You don't want them give a chance to chase their draw cheaply. If u think u are ahead: protect!
      Besides so you can figure out where u stand, CO could bet with draws with MP with nothing. But I must say, I don't know what to do, if he reraises, depends with type of player he is.

Turn
      Again raise.

River

As played, I would raise: if he has Axs - whay does he bet so small?

Should I always re-raise when I feel like I have a good hand, it's that they just don't like to fold no matter how bad odds they get, so I tend to keep the pot small.

It looks like u play with "sacred money" If u know that u have best hand and that opponent doesn't fold - go AI If his chances to improve are less then 50% and with draws they usually are, then your move will be +EV and that your goal!

Cheers!

yinyun
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yinyun

First thing i do not understand is why you play with 1$ stack? There aren't many learning materials for mid stack play.
      Well yeah :D , my bankroll is not the biggest, so if I drop a few BI, I decrease my stack, so it makes me play more tighter and I don't risk losing my bankroll if I misplay or get a bad beat.

River

I would disagree, because most of the time they bet so small to get value, they want me to call. And if I re-raised what worse hands would call me? I would like to get judges opinion on re-raising the river.

Thanks, Yinyun, for looking at my hand you did very well, explained everything step by step, you did a lot better than I did evaluating hand for my homework.
      Good luck on the Beginners Course.
    • yinyun
      yinyun
      Bronze

I would disagree, because most of the time they bet so small to get value, they want me to call.

:P Actually I agree

Thanks, Yinyun, for looking at my hand you did very well, explained everything step by step, you did a lot better than I did evaluating hand for my homework.
      :D ;)
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      And about preflop, raise it!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Add to full stack if ya playing BSS. :P

Preflop: Perfect spot to isolate even. :) Which I would prefer much more than playing the hand in multiway pot while it's not the strongest then.

As played
      Postflop: Well, for the given odds I doubt that I would change much here. Raising might be overplayed while you may just isolate against strong hands.

Of course we could argue raising the turn or not but playing more passively is also fine. You may face to difficult decisions if you get 3bet or any other mistakes on further street.

Best regards.