BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.13) 6:club: T:heart: 8:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.13) 6:club: T:heart: 8:heart: 9:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.13) 6:club: T:heart: 8:heart: 9:diamond: J:club:

[color=red]BB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $2.09 (AI), BB ?

V:16/14 af 2.4/fcbet 50
      wtsd 24
      2w$sd 44.

Flop, I don't like to cbet, this board is well cordinated and he doesn't fold a lot to cbets.

River I got runner Straight. I am beat only by KQ.

I decided to shove, , because it looks weaker then pot raise. Probably most of the time his calling range is Q, however I hopes sometimes he puts me on missed fd and call more ligthly with two pairs.

Does my river shove is reaonable, or better just call?

I don't like to pot raise because, line bet/3bet shove on river is more dangerous for me than donk/call shove from his side.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Janosikgdy,

Well, I guess you could still even CBet here with definitely having fold equity. Plus of course a lot of backdoors for FD/SD and even overcards. Also of course you might even do the bet for value vs draws with A high. :) We just avoid him betting with worse on turn. Although if you expect him rather not to bet the turn without made hand then your play is totally fine.

Also I would rather ship the river myself as well. If he is going to Call a normal raise then he is most likely going to Call the shove as well. He doesn't have much left anyways. If he had a full stack then I wouldn't shove.

Just calling doesn't make sense while he guy may still even pay with worse straights/2pairs/sets or whatever slowplayed hands. But of course against some reasonable players I might just make a normal raise to get called by those hands, although while I expect them to be loose enough then shipping should be fine.

Best regards.