NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.35)
      BB ($2.74)
      Hero ($2.18)
      UTG+1 ($2.69)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($0.87)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:spade:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.49) J:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond:

BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($0.99) J:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.56, BB calls $0.56

RIVER ($2.11) J:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond: 9:club: 9:heart:

[color=red]BB checks, Hero ?

V: 24/23/3bet 13/ AGG FREQ 48/cbet 80/127hands.

he was 3betting a lot. He 3bets me few times utg vs sb.
      I decided to call his 3bet and float him.

River: I was suprised by his call, I am not sure what range give to him. And what is more I felt that I am behind after his call (maybe AK and some PP).
      Should I shove river?
  • 5 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop: You said he was 3betting a lot. Against this kind a player who 3bets and then cbets all the time we have to continue with better hand than KQo. You have position but this won't help you if he's really aggressive because your hand won't hit so many times. If he did 3bet too much I would consider 4bet or fold here. With calling him we give him initiative and even if our plan is to float him after flop and bet on the turn we might be confronted with 2nd barrel and folding would be our only option.

Flop: This is super dry board. You can't expect to bluff him if he hit any pair here. Also, which cards can you represent on the turn? If A comes or K or Q normally. If J comes he's calling you, also most of T and lower. If he's shown he's capable of cbetting and then folding then maybe your plan could work, but this board is not so good for trying now. I would just fold here.

Turn: Your bet on the turn is trying to tell him you have some J or TT. You can't represent almost none 9. I would just check behind.

River: I don't like shoving this river. You would do that with 9, but is 9 part of your range which is calling his 3bet preflop? I don't think so. You also don't shove AJ. When he calls your turn bet he's also calling your river bet so I would just check behind.
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      hi, thank you for a great feedback.

We had a lot of dynamic. Within 20 mintue he 3bets me like 8 or 9 times. I twice 4bet him and he shoved.

I thought that my hand is to good for 4bet call.
      He could do this with any pp, and some sc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Janosikgdy,

Preflop: I am not a big fan of calling 3bets while we face such 3bet which is vs UTG. You don't even have good reads/stats on him. The sample is just too small to base either he is doing the 3bets light or not. You didn't mention either if you are even capable of making him to fold postflop, no WTSD/W$SD stats. Or what are his tendency about CBet flop/turn.

As played
      Postflop: Well, the question is how likely he is to float with A high on turn? The only hand that you make to fold and beats you is A high. All other that kind of part is most likely going to Call. Also if he has rather high WTSD value then it's very likely a spot where he will Call vs you even smaller PPs. That's why I don't even like that much the play of yours Calling it preflop. You just even don't know much about opponents tendency postflop. :(

Best regards.
    • Janosikgdy
      Janosikgdy
      Bronze
      Thank you for replay. I got frustrated because he 3bet me so many times that i wanted to play back. What if i were co/bu vs blinds. Could i call it and play post or i shoul gwneraly avoid it? At the end he showed 78s, but i try not to be result oriented and play best poker i can.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Janosikgdy
      Thank you for replay. I got frustrated because he 3bet me so many times that i wanted to play back. What if i were co/bu vs blinds. Could i call it and play post or i shoul gwneraly avoid it? At the end he showed 78s, but i try not to be result oriented and play best poker i can.
      Yep, being on CO/BU I would be more inclined to Call. :) Definitely don't forget to take a note with what he made the 3bet vs UTG range.