My blind play

• Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Essentially my blind play is costing me, im down, about 15Bi over 40k hands a 5/10cent 6max. i simply dont know why, i feel i play well, obvs not, and i watch lots of videos and read the articles.

If anyone is willing to have a quick look at my blind stats and point out anything im doing badly wrong it would be very much appreciated

• 19 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It could be better, but it is nor very bad. You must remember that if you fold every blind, you get winrates of -50 and -100 bb/100 hands accordingly. ;)

So there must be also some other leaks that are coausing you losses. Show stats for other positions also...
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      here are the rest of the stats. im clearly too loose from early pos too.

• TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      I wouldn't say you're too loose :) 12/11 from early in 6max is fine. I think I played looser than you.
      You can also open up on the button a little more, to 35, maybe 40 VPIP. You should also 3bet from BU way more.
      You also cbet more from early position than from late ones. Cbet less esspecially from SB. If BB calls your SB steal, it is unlikely you will get many folds with your cbets there.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Cheers, any idea also what my 3bet calling range should be. I've looked over but i cant find a rough guide on what is acceptable.

Should i be calling my suited connectors and folding AJ, A10. I guess should be folding pockets. What really is my range gonna be after i make the call?
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      anyone else got any suggestions about where im clearly going wrong in my stats. Also any tips for a 3 bet calling range
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      There are no 3bet calling ranges, it depends on your opponent. If someone 3bets 20% of the time you'll need a diff calling range than someone who 3bet's 1%, there is no standard imo. You could take your own 3bet range and adapt a calling range to that and see where it goes but not all players are the same you know.
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      Idk if you've already watched it, but there's a pretty good video about blind defense here.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      It could be better, but it is nor very bad. You must remember that if you fold every blind, you get winrates of -50 and -100 bb/100 hands accordingly. ;)
      WHAT????
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      You 3bet too much from SB and BB and not enough from BU, and you cbet ~80% from SB and BB? That's insane. Playing a 3bet pot OOP is never a good idea. Cbet too much on a 3bet pot OOP is even worse.

3bet works best in position. Why do you 3bet so much OOP and so little IP?
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wacko118
      here are the rest of the stats. im clearly too loose from early pos too.

Would you mind using the filter of unopened pot and show your blind stats on that? Just want to see how often you steal from SB.

And how often you defend and 3bet your BB against SB open raise?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You are indeed losing way to much from the blinds. You c-bet from SB is definitly to high since you will get floated or raised in this spot like every time. No one folds to cbet bb vs sb enough for your bluffs to be profitable. You shouldn't be losing more then -25 in sb and -35 in the BB or something like that. If your losing more then that you definitly have leaks. You also have to know that you have no sample size at all for the blind play. Just 2 big pots that you got sucked out on would make the difference. You really shouldn't be checking your position stats before you have at least 15-20k hands for each position.

3-bet defence range like mentioned really depends on the 3-bet % of the villan. You really cant call much when your OOP. When your on the CO/BU you can call a lot if your comfortable playing 3-bet pots. If your not and you don't know what to do in spots with certain hand range then your better off folding. It also really depends on how well you know your opponent and his tendecies, how much he barrels or if his one and done really helps a lot. Against unknowns calling 3-bet can be pretty difficult. You should watch some video's on how to play 3-bet pots.

Also in case you call AJ or KJ KQ type of hands vs 3-bet then you have to know preflop if your willing to stack off with TP. You really cant fold TPGK in 3-bet pots. There are so many bad regs that call KQ or AJ preflop and then don't know what to do when facing #2nd and #3rd barrel and end up tank callin every time. Basically if your not willing to go broke with KQ on KJ2 type of board then you have to fold it preflop.

There's really a lot to know about calling 3-bets. Leatherass made a nice video series about playing 3-bet pots when calling 3-bets that you really should check out.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      3bet more from button fold more from bb.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      Im not playing enough 3 bets from the button.

But just going through my stats i've found something interesting.
      Im profiting by quite abit 132BB/100 when i 3 bet in the SB and BB. So am i losing my money elsewhere?
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      Im not playing enough 3 bets from the button.

But just going through my stats i've found something interesting.
      Im profiting by quite abit 132BB/100 when i 3 bet in the SB and BB. So am i losing my money elsewhere?
      That sounds like a sampling issue. How many hands were that?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      ur wr in the blinds arent toooo bad. just open more bu and 3b more IP @ MP/CO/BU
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      #yeahyoung

Well its 561 hands in which i win 156bb/100 in sb and 219bb/100 in BB
      These are all hands where i 3bet. So in 3 bet pots, where i raise, im not losing money. So i must be losing money elsewhere in my blind play. And i really am struggling to find my leak.

And yes i am going to start 3 betting pots in position, i very rarely do this
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      #yeahyoung

Well its 561 hands in which i win 156bb/100 in sb and 219bb/100 in BB
      These are all hands where i 3bet. So in 3 bet pots, where i raise, im not losing money. So i must be losing money elsewhere in my blind play. And i really am struggling to find my leak.

And yes i am going to start 3 betting pots in position, i very rarely do this
      Just realized that for 3790 bb that's $379 being blinded. So if you are losing $153 then you are not actually 'losing' money.

The real issue seems to be you are not making enough from other positions.
    • Wacko118
      Wacko118
      Bronze
      So what am i doing wrong then. :(

If my blind play, what i thought was the problem isn't. Then what is. In my last like 15k hands or so i just seem to get screwed over continually. Is there any other stats that could post that might shed some more light on it.
    • yeahyoung0312
      yeahyoung0312
      Bronze
      So what am i doing wrong then. :(

If my blind play, what i thought was the problem isn't. Then what is. In my last like 15k hands or so i just seem to get screwed over continually. Is there any other stats that could post that might shed some more light on it.
      Based on your stats I would say you are just not winning enough from button. I suggest you rethink about the power of position. You should open-raise more from button (I would actually recommend 100% unless there is another aggressive player sitting on BB/SB, which when happens you should just switch table). That should raise your button VPIP to sth like 50-60%. You can also flat and 3b more from button, and float more in position and see how it develops and show some aggression now and then. You will start to see the difference and understand position is actually the best thing in poker.

Also maybe you should steal more from SB. I did not see your steal % from SB but you should definitely steal a lot, say 50% of the time.