This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Baby A with nut FD on flop

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I played this hand on 888 this morning and would like a 2nd opinion on how I played it.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $2.51
      BB: $2.19
      UTG: $2.13
      UTG+1: $2.05
      MP: $1.31
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.50

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.03

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 2:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, CO checks, Hero calls $0.02, fold, BB checks

This dude in the CO has just sat down and I have no hands on him at all. He posts and with the suited baby A I decide to limp behind to see a flop.

Flop: ($0.10, 4 players) A:club: 4:diamond: 7:diamond:
      BB checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.44, fold

With the 2 pretty blue cards on the flop to match the 2 in my hand, and the top pair I decided to raise his bet expecting either a fold or a call. His 3bet surprised me and with no idea where I am in the hand I decided that I was either pushing or folding. I picked the "discretion is the better part of valour" option and folded but I would be interested in others views on what he may have been holding and how else I could have played the hand.

Thanks

Fagin
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Fagin,

Well, what do you think you gonna achieve with the raise on flop? I mean do you want to make a better hand to fold? I doubt that. You just making a lot worse to fold. I'd rather keep them in pot and Call. Of course the option to raise would be to build up the pot. But even if I would raise then I wouldn't fold there. We still get great implied odds with our TP+nutFD. Also the raise size is a bit too small, ~$0,20 would be mine.

Best regards.