[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Baby A with nut FD on flop

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I played this hand on 888 this morning and would like a 2nd opinion on how I played it.

Pacific Poker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $2.51
      BB: $2.19
      UTG: $2.13
      UTG+1: $2.05
      MP: $1.31
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $2.50

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.03

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero has 2:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, MP calls $0.02, CO checks, Hero calls $0.02, fold, BB checks

This dude in the CO has just sat down and I have no hands on him at all. He posts and with the suited baby A I decide to limp behind to see a flop.

Flop: ($0.10, 4 players) A:club: 4:diamond: 7:diamond:
      BB checks, MP checks, CO bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.44, fold

With the 2 pretty blue cards on the flop to match the 2 in my hand, and the top pair I decided to raise his bet expecting either a fold or a call. His 3bet surprised me and with no idea where I am in the hand I decided that I was either pushing or folding. I picked the "discretion is the better part of valour" option and folded but I would be interested in others views on what he may have been holding and how else I could have played the hand.

Thanks

Fagin
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Fagin,

Well, what do you think you gonna achieve with the raise on flop? I mean do you want to make a better hand to fold? I doubt that. You just making a lot worse to fold. I'd rather keep them in pot and Call. Of course the option to raise would be to build up the pot. But even if I would raise then I wouldn't fold there. We still get great implied odds with our TP+nutFD. Also the raise size is a bit too small, ~$0,20 would be mine.

Best regards.