[NL2-NL10] nl2 fr

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello coach

could you give me some advice on this hand please, should I have called on the river?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.01)
      BB ($0.74)
      UTG ($1.72)
      UTG+1 ($2.08)
      UTG+2 ($1.03)
      MP1 ($2.22)
      Hero ($2.11)
      BTN ($1.67)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.25) 3:club: 5:club: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($0.45) 3:club: 5:club: 3:heart: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.21, BTN calls $0.21

RIVER ($0.87) 3:club: 5:club: 3:heart: T:heart: 3:spade:

Hero bets $0.83, BTN raises to $1.26 (AI), Hero calls $0.43
  • 5 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I'm evaluating hand for my NL BSS Beginners Course.

Pre-flop: I would also raise, I can't see a reason why, unless the BTN is a maniac that plays every hand, so it's cool he calls, so let's see what the flop brings.

Flop: Just because you have the initiative, I would standart C-bet 2/3 of the pot so he is not getting the odds to chase the flush draw if he has one.

Turn: Ok now you hit a TPTK, it's cool, now we have an actual hand so we can keep firing, the only thing that beats us is an overpair and a 3, so 3 we clearly don't put in his range. Set of 55? Nah he wouldn't have bet the flop if he flopped the full house, so the only thing we need to worry about is JJ QQ KK AA, we can put him on JJ because those he would have called QQ KK AA he would have 3-bet pre-flop, unless he is really passive.

River: Now you pot it, and who can call you here? Basically only an overpair to your TT would call the pot size bet. I would have bet smaller like 1/2 pot because we want value and we do think we have the best hand. But he shoves all in and you are even considering not calling? Those 43c is nothing to a 3$ pot, and we beat most of the hands, so not calling here is not an option. So what did he have? You sound kinda sad, so it looks like he beat you if you are questioning your call. Did he had the JJ?
    • Firefly52
      Firefly52
      Bronze
      It depends all on your reads, preflop he doesnt show much aggression so any pocket pair higher then tens is unlikely. Calling the flop is a ??? move, you are either drawing a bit or way behind. basically you should make on the flop your decision on whether you want to go allin later or not, if not, just fold right there. Unless you have reads like very high cbet + fold to turnbet / extremely high aggressive.

I would have played the same against an aggresive opponent, I would have folded against a tight / ABC opponent.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Flop: Well, I don't really see any reason to Check/Call here. Rather CBet yourself then Check/Call and turn your hand into bluff-catcher?
      Turn: Well, I am not a big fan of donking here. If you let him bluff then let him continue. Only reason to bet it here is if you think he is going to Check behind any kind of draws and stop bluffing. Plus of course the bet size is pretty horrible as well, you are giving him good odds for any draws. Definitely bet it bigger $0,34 at least and ship the river then.

As played
      River: Well, I don't like the idea of making it pot size. It will give him hard time Calling with a lot worse. But of course as you do you can't really fold anymore for the given odds. But more kinda split pot at the best for us anyways. :(

Best regards.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it. :)
      I really wish I had cbet the flop as I think it would have would have given me a better read!

He had kk, i honestly thought with his preflop play it was at best jj and felt it was more likley a smaller poket pair :(

Roo
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      I'm evaluating hand for my NL BSS Beginners Course.

Pre-flop: I would also raise, I can't see a reason why, unless the BTN is a maniac that plays every hand, so it's cool he calls, so let's see what the flop brings.

Flop: Just because you have the initiative, I would standart C-bet 2/3 of the pot so he is not getting the odds to chase the flush draw if he has one.

Turn: Ok now you hit a TPTK, it's cool, now we have an actual hand so we can keep firing, the only thing that beats us is an overpair and a 3, so 3 we clearly don't put in his range. Set of 55? Nah he wouldn't have bet the flop if he flopped the full house, so the only thing we need to worry about is JJ QQ KK AA, we can put him on JJ because those he would have called QQ KK AA he would have 3-bet pre-flop, unless he is really passive.

River: Now you pot it, and who can call you here? Basically only an overpair to your TT would call the pot size bet. I would have bet smaller like 1/2 pot because we want value and we do think we have the best hand. But he shoves all in and you are even considering not calling? Those 43c is nothing to a 3$ pot, and we beat most of the hands, so not calling here is not an option. So what did he have? You sound kinda sad, so it looks like he beat you if you are questioning your call. Did he had the JJ?
      really like your evaluation here, thanks! :)

This hand has pissed me off all day!!! its great to get feedback from other nl2 players :)

Roo