BB ($1.55)
      UTG ($4.18)
      Hero ($1.99)
      UTG+2 ($1.08)
      MP1 ($2.97)
      CO ($1.28)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: 4:spade:

fold, Hero calls $0.02, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN raises to $0.07, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 8:spade: Q:heart: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

TURN ($0.47) 8:spade: Q:heart: 8:diamond: 5:heart:

Hero bets $0.23, BTN folds

Hero shows 4:club: 4:spade:

Hero wins $0.45

This is the hand for my 5th homework where decision is based on players stats.
      So basically I limp with 44 and if someone raises I will just call by the call 20 rule. I also noticed that the guy was stealing from the button about 60% of the time (does this stat change or is there a different stat if there are limpers in the pot?). So on the flop I looked at his C-bet and it was 85% and that's when I thought what could he have hit? Q can be in his range, 8 is very unlikely so I'm not convinced I'm beat so I just call, and the turn is pretty much blank, so if he doesn't have the Q, I'm in front, and another stat that made my decision to bet was that he had never C-bet the turn and he folds to turn bet. So I decide to bet because he folds there 67% of the time and it is unlikely he has a hand.
      And my question is did I rely on stats too much? Should I have checked the turn, and fold if he bets? I was thinking even if I check the turn and he bets I would still call because I'm not convinced I'm beat, so if I'm going to call I better bet myself. And did I use the term float correctly? Or does it counts as a float if I have nothing?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

(does this stat change or is there a different stat if there are limpers in the pot?)

There are different kind of stats for that.
      For example:
      a) Steal Limped Pot - Percentage of time a player tries to steal a limped pot preflop
      b) Steal Pot - When someone raises from the CO, BTN or SB when the pot is unopened.

Well, of course he is CBetting with his whole range here. And for that given reason I don't even mind your play. To avoid him 2nd barreling I would rather also Bet the turn myself and might even sometimes make better PPs to fold and of course at the same time protect from overcards to hit and him Checking behind.

Best regards.