[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Hand from coaching

• Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      I think this is the one of the hands you asked me to post during the coaching..

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.90)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($1.74)
      UTG+1 ($0.51)
      UTG+2 ($1.48)
      MP1 ($1.92)
      MP2 ($0.88)
      CO ($2.12)
      BTN ($2.12)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: Q:club:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.20) J:diamond: 8:heart: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.14, UTG calls $0.14, BTN folds

TURN ($0.48) J:diamond: 8:heart: A:diamond: 9:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

RIVER ($0.68) J:diamond: 8:heart: A:diamond: 9:diamond: 8:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08

If I understand correctly, I should have 2nd barrelled here on the turn, right?
      And also maybe 3beted preflop because I was OOP?
  • 2 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Silver
      I would not 3bet UTG raiser from the blinds here. Call or fold. Since fold is too weak, call is the best option. we can get value from TT-KK, and drawing almost dead or slim against AA, AK. If we 3bet we can find ourselves in situation where we are gonna play weak hand(vs his range) OOP, if we call we can reeavaluate our hand on the flop.

We floped top TPGK on draw heavy board. We need to bet to protect. Also by betting we gain info of vilians hand. On such a board, he would raised us with top of his range for protection.

If we give him relatively tight UTG pre flop raising range, on this flop we are ahead:

Board: J:diamond: 8:heart: A:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    40.45%  38.77%   1.68% { 99+, AQs+, AKo }
      MP3    59.55%  57.87%   1.68% { AsQc }

Flop: I believe that he would raise AA and JJ for shure for value and to protect, so his range should look like: 99, TT, QQ, KK, AQs+, AKo. It is also possible if he is aggro to raise QQ, KK, but less likely.

Turn: Nasty card for us, but for him also. Card that would slow down action a lot. However we need to bet here, because we should have a lot of fold EQ. By giving him the initiative, we loose fold Eq and letting him draw cheaply. Our line should be bet/fold here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gloryne,

Preflop: Well, yeah. 3betting could be an option here but then we wouldn't do it for value. We would just 3bet/Fold it here. While not few opponents in the hand then you can as well just Call it while you don't have to add much. Although watch out for playing the hand postflop. People do way too often mistakes and overplay their TP in such spots.
      Flop: Well, I might even bet $0,16 although that's no ta huge difference. The board is pretty drawy so we need to still protect the hand.
      Turn: Well, as I mentioned. Don't turn your hand into bluff-catcher. It will be hard time for you to Call the huge bet here if he decides to bet it big. I'd rather 2nd barrel myself for free showdown and maybe even protection from any kind of 1card FD.

Best regards.