This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR KK in the SB versus all in shove on flop

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      So should I have been putting him on QQ or JJ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.02
      BU:
      $5.47

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , K:club:
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.46, BB folds, BU calls $0.31.

Flop: ($0.97) Q:diamond: , 5:heart: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.78, BU raises to $5.01 (All-In), Hero calls $3.78 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($10.09) J:spade:
      River: ($10.09) 6:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.09

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows three-of-a-kind, fours (4h 4c)
      Hero shows (Kh Kc)

BU wins with three-of-a-kind, fours (4h 4c)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Preflop: Well, the first problem comes here actually already. With raising it 3x then it means practically that you are giving him ~17:1 odds which is correct Call for set-mining. For that reason it's not only QQ but as well any smaller PP which may Call you. I would do it 4x his raise being even OOP.

As played
      Postflop: So for that reason I'd say I am not a big fan of calling against such an opponent here the shove who has W$SD of 80 for 300 hands. Most likely he has hardly us beat. Could even be a trap with AA. Could be definitely any kind of set. I'd Bet/Fold it.

Best regards.