[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR 77 on the BU hits low flop

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Should I have reraised the flop when I felt I was ahead?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $5
      Hero:
      $5.04

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:heart: , 7:diamond:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.20, CO folds, Hero calls $0.20, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 5:club: , 4:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.27, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($1.01) 8:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.58, Hero calls $0.58.

River: ($2.17) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.24, Hero calls $1.24.

Final Pot: $4.65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a flush, ace high (Ah Th)
      Hero shows (7h 7d)

MP3 wins with a flush, ace high (Ah Th)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Flop: Well, of course raising the flop is fine. Although if we raise then we gonna play pretty much the same way. I mean we would invest the money on turn. But at the same time we just donate to the guy while I don't expect him to 2nd barrel that often anyways while he is rather passive player. Or do you have any other stats on him about CBet? I'd still plan to Call the flop and most likely give up on turn since I doubt that we beat there that much anymore while bigger overpairs are possible and the only hand we beat is some kind of draw.

As played
      Turn: Well, as I mentioned on early street that you only beat semi-bluff here. But can he do that? I wouldn't level myself that often to Call it here without knowing the opponent tendency. Rather fold the hand and avoid the hero-call on river again as you did. Where you most likely will be behind.

As played
      River: That happens what's the worst. :( I mean what you gonna beat now? Any higher PP beats you. I doubt that the guy would even 3barrel without a made hand here.

Best regards.