UTG+1: $7.04
      MP: $2.00
      CO: $10.40
      BTN: $9.95
      SB: $4.44
      Hero (BB): $10.89

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players) A:club: 3:heart: 8:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, fold, SB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.00, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.20, SB calls $3.14

River: ($9.28, 2 players) T:diamond:

SB shows 8:heart: 8:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Eights) (Pre 53%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: A:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 47%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      SB wins $8.82

SB player:

PostF: About postflop my action I don't have any doubts because not much we could have done vs this stack but I think that I could have avoided this situation if I rr preflop.
      Preflop: I had in my mind this hand: Nl10 Fr Qq 26.09 so in my opinion my call preflop was totally fine and 3B vs this player would be a mistake. Am I right?

edit. I would like to add to evaluation hands also evaluate my opponent.
      What can we say about this player? What line should we take vs him?
      - tight player so when he raises he's got a hand. He isn't aware of position because his steal=9% so it's not worth to 3B light this player in blinds situation.
      - we can easily steal blind vs this player because of FBS: 100% but what line should we take vs him when he calls and we don't hit our flop? Is it worth to do standard CBet?
      - his CBet is high because he is tight player and when he enters to the pot he's got a hand.
      what more can we say about this player?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello BGawli,

Yeah, that's true that 3betting would be anyways overplayed. He would just fold his weaker hands and most likely at the best for us any kind of coinflip hand will continue. For that given reason I don't even mind your play. Which goes as well for postflop play. While he could easily even have himself any kind of Ax, although the question would he play them this way? And why ain't he Cbetting.

Just note him down that he didn't go for a CBet with set on A38ss board. For that kind of reason the turn bet is also kinda close, either to Check it behind and maybe get value from QQ/KK on river or either way just protect our hand from FD. With his W$SD I doubt that he is going to Call QQ/KK/draw in this spot. Most likely the hope is up to Ax hand.

Best regards.