EDIT: I meant to post this in the hand evaluation forum. :facepalm:

Can someone please move it? Thanks.

Since I can't get a sensible answer from anyone in my blog, and I don't want to bother TT, I'll try here. :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by jbpatzer
Since TT thinks there's not enough poker in this blog, and since he's probably right, here's a hand that I played while Boris was watching, which he believes illustrates what a fish I am.

i) He thinks I should donk the flop. I think I should check/raise, as the guy's going to bet Ax, one club hands, medium pairs, all sorts of stuff (no stats), and I just want to get it in.
ii) He thinks when he raises my river bet I should just call. I bet small to induce, so I think I just want to get it in as he's stacking off with worse two pair and Ax often enough.

Pearls of wisdom anyone?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

jbpatzer (BB) (t1670)
SB (t1330)

Preflop: jbpatzer is BB with 8:diamond: , A:heart:
SB bets t40, jbpatzer calls t20

Flop: (t80) 8:club: , 6:club: , A:club: (2 players)
jbpatzer checks, SB checks

Turn: (t80) Q:diamond: (2 players)
jbpatzer bets t60, SB raises to t120, jbpatzer raises to t360, SB calls t240

River: (t800) 10:spade: (2 players)
jbpatzer bets t280, SB raises to t560, jbpatzer raises to t840, SB raises to t930 (All-In), jbpatzer calls t90

Total pot: t2660

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
Pearls of wisdom anyone?
Listen to Boris! :f_thumbsup:
Originally posted by chenny8888

i) you're absolutely undeniably right
ii) he's absolutely undeniably right
Thanks for that.
I thought about it some more, and I think my mistake is that I didn't just shove the turn when he raises. I don't think he's checking back the flop with any Ax, flush or set, and if the Q on the turn is getting him excited, he probably has some crappy Qx, or maybe Q6 that he'll stack off with. Value, value, value. Boris wanted to fold to his river raise, but what hand that is any sensible player's range on the river beats me? I have realized that Boris is a nit, which is why he crushes.