[NL2-NL10] Nl5 JJ

• Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I would appreciate help on this hand, because it happens quite often and am starting to wonder if I'm playing it right.

Villain had stats of 35/30/7

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $12.38
      BB (Hero):
      $5.25
      MP2:
      $13.88
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $9.52
      BU:
      $8.99

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.77) T, 3, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55.

Turn: ($1.87) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.80, Hero raises to $4.35, CO calls $2.55.

River: ($10.57) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.57.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Falco84,

Well, I don't like that much the play. I mean what hand do you expect to beat on turn? Vs even a pot size bet. I'd be most likely inclined to just fold the hand on turn, so Check/Fold without any information on him.

Best regards.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      I had information on him. As i've said his stats were 35/30/7. That alone told me that he was a very aggressive player, put him on overcards, and tought that he was trying to chase me away with a second barrel.

That's why i reacted on the turn.

I appreciate the input you gave, but i'll try to extract more. :)

What if his turn bet was not pot size? Say 1/2 or 2/3 pot? Still it's a Check/Fold?

What about PFR 3 bet and get out of the way if he made a 4bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, usually you are putting stats then also put hands which is very important in this kind of situation. He could be playing 10 hands for this stats then we can't just take him this way.

But of course if he had such a wide range, such an aggressive image for not just 50 hands then I do like your play. Why? For the reason that he still has Tx/draws in his 2nd barreling range. :)

Usually it's not that I always write the evaluate like it should be played but I usually try to motivate the player to think as well. :D

What if his turn bet was not pot size? Say 1/2 or 2/3 pot? Still it's a Check/Fold?

Well, most likely 1/2 is still Check/Call, 2/3 comes to the question what's his sample size. If it's still bigger one then I'd also play the same way as you did.

What about PFR 3 bet and get out of the way if he made a 4bet?

Well, usually against such wide raisers/iso-raisers I'd consider doing 3bet. And even if he made a 4bet then against his VPIP/PFR I wouldn't be even worried to get it in. I'd expect him even to have maybe 99/TT in his go-broke range or even worse like AJ/AQ/AK if he is really a maniac-type opponent. But once again, sample.
    • Falco84
      Falco84
      Bronze
      Thanks, veriz. I should've put the hands in the stats, but neverthless, very insightful suggestions.

Oh... 23 hands were in question, but checking him now on poker-edge... http://www.poker-edge.com/poker-player-stats/wxps2005/

I'll get him next time. :)