This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Strategy against a calling station?

• dollarihai
      dollarihai
      Bronze
      I obviously overrated my TPTK in this hand. The villain is a loose player, calling about 30% of his hands but not raising too often. What is a handrange to go all-in against a loose-passive player postflop, and how do I generally deal with him? I read from the articles that I should be tight-aggressive, i.e. wait for good cards, possibly just checking on turn and flop, and then become very aggressive. I don't quite understand what that means in this context, because that is just what I thought I was doing here.

Presumed the player always limps in with any suited cards and any 4+ connectors. Should I play more speculative hands against him, like A2s, wait for the flush and then go all-in?

Should I play less hands like AJ or AQ against him?

Known players:
      Position
      MP2
      MP3

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , J:spade:
      Hero calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) J:heart: , T:heart: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 bets $0.09, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.36, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $2.18 (All-In), Hero calls $1.68 (All-In).

Turn: ($4.31) 7:club:
      River: ($4.31) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Js)
      MP3 shows a flush, queen high (Qh 5h)

MP3 wins with a flush, queen high (Qh 5h)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dollarihai,

Preflop: Never limp AJo on UTG, either raise or just fold the hand.

As played
      Postflop: Well, overplayed your TP here. :( Rather bet yourself out and reevaluate further actions.

Best regards.