[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Kj Ep

• malcolmlinco
      malcolmlinco
      Bronze
      I know I should have folded these cards from EP but let's pretend i was on late pos :) As we were short handed then maybe raise wasn't so wrong?

I had won 1 pot from this guy while he made bad calls for drawing for flush and he finaly gave up. I figured he wanted he's revenge with this hand.

Everest - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $1.92
      BTN: $3.43 (75/8/66 12h)
      SB: $1.95
      BB: $4.70
      UTG: $0.88
      Hero (MP): $2.57

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.08) Hero has J:heart: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.16, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 5:heart: 6:spade: 5:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.40, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.20, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20

River: ($1.20, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $0.86, BTN raises to $1.72, Hero calls $0.86

I really doubted he had 5x(A5?)
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey malcolmlinco,

As you said before, you should fold preflop. KJo is not playable hand with MSS, not even from LP unless you steal which means you play against the blinds and are ALWAYS in position postflop. It might be a bit harsh, but playing too loose from too early positions is one of biggest mistakes beginners can make, so it's also hard to "pretend" we're in LP as then the whole dynamics of the hand would be different as we were in position.

Now, to the hand. :)

The flop is perfect for a c-bet, almost all the hands missed and you only face 1 opponent therefore just c-bet to take the pot down right there with K-high.

As played, I would also call the turn minraise, but on the river you should play c/c because if you bet he will fold all the bluffs(considering he is capable of bluff raising turn) and call/raise hands that beat you or have at least a split with you.

Best regards,
      burek2000