Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero) = ($1.86)
      SB = ($5.02) - VPIP=13%, PFR=8%, 3-bet=9% hands=25
      BB = ($3.35) - no stats

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, BU folds, SB raises to $0.55, BB raises to $3.35, MP2 folds, Hero ?

MSS articles suggest to go all-in with JJ+,AK when re-raised and we are in late position. But what should we do when we are against 2 or more re-raises? These are more difficult situations...

In the example above I didn't worry so much about the BB who went all-in, because he played like a fish the last hands (I don't give any stats as I had less than 10 hands).

The SB is rather tight as we see, but I think he would 3-bet with AK-AT, even KQ or TT-99. I thought I would make him fold and play all-in against the other player, who seemed to have much wider ranges.

So I decided to call but now I feel it was a bad one (maybe because I lost this).
      How would you play this?
      What if you had QQ or AK instead of JJ?
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      Hey datalogg,

Nice hand if you went all-in.

It doesn't matter if there is one or more raises behind you when you look at the chart. In this case you can go all-in with JJ+/AKo. ...however this counts if your stack size is around 40BB, if it's bigger then you might have to tighten up.

Starting hands charts work very well in most situations, but when you get access to more advanced articles you will learn how to calculate equity and use equilator to see how much equity you have against villain's ranges. But for that you will also need notes/stats on the opponents so you will know their ranges. So, for now following the SHC is best way to go.

Best regards,