Going back to where I've lost my first $50...

• ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      ... CASH GAME TABLES!!! And I will be playing at PartyPoker. I thought I'd never play at PP, but here I am. I got my $60 TAF bonus. 'Was planning to transfer all of it to Pokerstars to augment my bankroll and move up to $3.5 Fifty50. But with the ongoing downswing at Stars (-10BI), I thought maybe it's not a good idea putting all my eggs in one basket... (which reminded me FullTilt again... not that I had lots of eggs in that basket... but anyway... :f_cry: )

So I will be maintaining 2 accounts. One on Stars for SNGs, and one on Party for Cash Games. Party, for me doesn't have micro friendly SNGs and MTT. I will be following a 30BI bankroll. Move up when I have 30 buyins for the next level and move down when I have only 25 buyins in the current level.

Right now I'm playing NL2 FR and NL4, 6-max. I know it doesn't look like good BR management from the start but I feel raises are much more respected at NL4 than NL2. So to compensate my lack of skills, I will only be playing 1-3 tables at time, max! Just to fight of boredom.

I will do my best to play for Quality instead Volume. I will also do my best to post hands here for evaluation (...yea sure! :f_biggrin: )

For my first two goals: get back my Silver status at Pokerstrategy, then after that, go for Gold! (I was so close to getting Gold status when the FullTilt thing happened... :f_cry: ). Which is another reason why I decided to play at Party... my Stars account is not tied up to Pokerstrategy... It's really good to see points trickling down my PStrategy account again. :f_grin:

So, to start off, I am posting my first hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.08
      CO:
      $2.14

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, CO calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.49) K:club: , 8:heart: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, CO raises to $0.52, Hero calls $0.29. *I thought he was trying to see if I had the top pair... maybe he had aces

Turn: ($1.53) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises $1.38 (All-In), Hero ...
      *not exactly sure what to do, could be Aces? trips? split pot? I'm not using any HUD, don't know how to use one anyway...
  • 8 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Good luck will follow :)

Tptk would like to hear the feed back on this hand too :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good luck ramjack and welcome to our blog section!

Ingrid
    • ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Good luck ramjack and welcome to our blog section!

Ingrid
      Thanks for the welcome guys!

I do have a question? How do I condition my mind not to slow play? I know slow playing will get me in trouble, but here I go again... slow playing my opponent...

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.49
      Hero:
      $5.03

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , T:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.18) A:club: , T:club: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.26) 2:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.26) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

Final Pot: $0.76

Ok, this one just came hot from the table!!!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.99
      CO:
      $5.62
      BU:
      $3.33

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:club:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BU calls $0.16, Hero calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.52) A:diamond: , T:diamond: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, CO raises to $1.00, BU folds, Hero calls $0.63.

Turn: ($2.52) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.2, CO raises to $4.46 (All-In), Hero calls $1.63 (All-In). *I hit my two pair, made a bet,got re-raised all-in. I was thinking of worst case scenario and I was thinking he hit trips 10 on the flop. How can I justify not calling his shove? how can I convince myself that I am already beat?

River: ($9.81) 5:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.81

Appreciate if you can suggest how to play this differently... or point out any mistakes I've made. Thanks.

so far here is my progress chart:
    • ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      I've finally reached silver status again, playing mostly NL2 and NL4!!! Next goal is Gold status, but I'll probably take it much slower this time. Trying to review again the Big Stack Strategy guide. I noticed that my previous plays have deviated from the starting hand chart like always playing AQo in early positions. I am playing again with the SHC on my hands.
      Below is my progess. Quite a bumpy ride! but atleast Im on the positive side.
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      The AT hand.

Your bet on the flop it's pretty bad, because you are giving him very good odds to call you with any draw. Bet something about 12-14 on the flop. As played you are propably beat by the opponent's flush. Generally, slowplaying on draw heavy boards is bad. You have to choose the right boards, if you want to slowplay your hand. eg Your hand: 88 board: A82 rainbow.

The AK hand.

I would squeeze with AK on this spot, because we are ahead of both CO's and BTN's range. As played you have to call his shove.
    • ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solidius
      The AT hand.

Your bet on the flop it's pretty bad, because you are giving him very good odds to call you with any draw. Bet something about 12-14 on the flop. As played you are propably beat by the opponent's flush. Generally, slowplaying on draw heavy boards is bad. You have to choose the right boards, if you want to slowplay your hand. eg Your hand: 88 board: A82 rainbow.

The AK hand.

I would squeeze with AK on this spot, because we are ahead of both CO's and BTN's range. As played you have to call his shove.

Thanks Solidius, I guess I have learned my lesson and applied here what you taught me:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2
      CO:
      $2.04
      BU:
      $2.33

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , Q:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.04, CO calls $0.06, BU calls $0.06, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) A:club: , Q:spade: , 3:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15, BU calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.64) J:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.47, CO folds, BU calls $0.47.

River: ($1.58) 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.76, BU calls $0.76.

Final Pot: $3.10
    • ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.06
      CO:
      $1.49

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , J:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.26) 3:heart: , 2:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, CO calls $0.12.
      Maybe I should not bet here as I did not raise on the flop...

Turn: ($0.50) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.
      I hit my flush anyway, but I am not sure if I should bet here... any idea?!?

River: ($0.98) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.47, CO raises to $1.01 (All-In), Hero calls $0.54.

Final Pot: $3.00
    • ramjack
      ramjack
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.18
      BU:
      $4.86

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , Q:club:
      4 folds, BU calls $0.04, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BU calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.26) A:spade: , 7:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, BU calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.62) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.29, Hero calls $0.29.

River: ($1.20) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.57, BU calls $0.57.

Final Pot: $2.34