Dealt to Hero K:heart: J:heart:

fold, BTN raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.20) K:diamond: T:spade: T:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

TURN ($3) K:diamond: T:spade: T:heart: 3:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $2, BTN folds, SB folds

BU: 19/19/inf, 42% steal, 33 hands
      SB: 16/6/0.5, 33 hands

I didn't raise the flop because I'd isolate myself against better hands.

On the turn should I check? If SB or BU have PPs, one of them will probably call on the river, but won't call now.
  • 4 replies
    • delanonunes
      delanonunes
      Gold
      Hi Tosh, hope you don't mind my 10 cents worth, it's a part of my homework on here and you are my first guineapig lol...hope no-one else gets here first....lol :D

First of all i notice you say you didnt raise the flop because you'd isolate yourself... me personally would have been worried about the likes of AK KQ QJ and the horrible possibilty of QT JT T9 calling in the small blind, so i suppose to find out where i was in the hand i'd have to raise the flop and isolate them first maybe about $1.80 this would tell me for sure if someone had the other Ten or not (unless they were laying a trap) i'm sure it wouldn't knock out hands like AK and KQ but then again if someones sat there with those your already beaten...i also wouldnt want to give away a free card to any drawing hands QJ J9...

As for the Turn, the 3 of clubs is unlikely to have helped anyone out, so you could be right in checking to maybe induce a bluff but your also giving someone a chance to hit their draw so i would probably bet 2/3 of the pot and if i got re-raised all-in i would seriously consider folding because i could be in serious kicker trouble already... i think you done the right thing betting the turn , you got all the info you needed they were drawing with weak hands most likely... :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tosh5457,

Flop: Guess I'd just start myself betting right on flop to get protection from any kind of draw.

As played
      Turn: Well of course you can donk it. But why didn't ya do it on flop? I'd rather take a passive line if I took a passive line on flop as well. Of course betting is an option here if you expect them to Check behind very often which might even happen. But I'd play it differently on flop.

Best regards.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Tosh5457,

Flop: Guess I'd just start myself betting right on flop to get protection from any kind of draw.

As played
      Turn: Well of course you can donk it. But why didn't ya do it on flop? I'd rather take a passive line if I took a passive line on flop as well. Of course betting is an option here if you expect them to Check behind very often which might even happen. But I'd play it differently on flop.

Best regards.
      I checked to let BU bet, he looks like a reg and I think he'll cbet a lot on this flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, of course if you expect him to do that then sure why not. It's still very likely that he is CBetting such a board. But if he has rather smaller CBet then I'd definitely bet myself.