[NL2-NL10] Blind battle... too aggressive ?

• Quall
      Quall
      Bronze
      I wondered if I played this hand too aggressively ?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $13,28
      BB:
      $8,48

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.104 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , Q:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,30, BB calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,60) Q:spade: , T:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,3, BB raises to $0,60, Hero calls $0,30.

Turn: ($1,80) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,26, Hero calls $1,26.

River: ($4,32) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,1, BB calls $2,10.

Final Pot: $8,52

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ks Qh)
      BB shows brelan, deuces (2s 2c)

BB wins with brelan, deuces (2s 2c)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Quall,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Being OOP I guess I'd still raise 4xBB but of course it ain't a huge mistake.
      Flop: Well, I don't really see here any reason why we should CBet it 1/2 pot size? I'd definitely make it at least $0,45. As played well you kinda induce him to raise you even if he has draws. Although if you would even play it normally and with normal size then we might even make another decision like Bet/Fold while the opponent is pretty passive.

As played
      Turn: Well, kinda close. Some draws even completed now like KJ/J8 for GS. Also couple of 2pairs/sets are possible which beat us. We most likely only beat some kind of draw. So pretty close in-between a Call or not.

As played
      River: Well, I don't like the donk at all here. What worse hand do you expect to get called here? Ain't gonna be that many, any Jx beats you already. I'd rather Check it and hope to see free showdown.

Best regards.