$0.43
      BB (Hero):
      $2.30
      UTG2:
      $1.83
      MP1:
      $3.09

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.05) 4, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.03, MP3 calls $0.03.

Turn: ($0.11) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08.

River: ($0.27) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.27.

So I got my Q and decided to bet on the river to get value, but should I even make the bet because I can't really see something that would call me that I have beat. I bet so small to hope he will call because it's not that expensive but should I bet bigger just because the small bet might make them reraise me?
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: I don't like your leading out here. If you get called you build the pot you don't really like. And what's your plan? To 2 barrel it? Hmm, no point in doing that. I would just check here.

Turn: We hit our out and we are way ahead. The board is quite dry so we're not afraid of many river cards (except A, K, :club:) . I think betting here is ok, because FD came up and we may be called by some PP or some 9x.

River: We can't get 3 streets of value with this board, especially playing limped pot. If you decide to bet, bet at least 1/2 pot, but I don't expect to be called often. I tend to check/call here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Well, I actually don't even mind your play in this spot. You definitely even have fold equity on flop and of course might even be ahead with your Q high. Nice hand! I would most likely play the same way, although sometimes I even raise preflop. :)

Best regards.