[NL2-NL10] NL2 pocket KK, turn A, bet river

• Krishjanis
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) 6, 3, 7 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.41) A (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

River: ($0.61) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.61.

So comes turn A, he donks into me I call because it's not that big of a bet, but then comes river and he checks, so should I then bet as I did or check, because he could have an A with a small kicker?
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Flop: Flop is quite dangerous, since there are many gutshots and FD possible. I would cbet at least 12c, sometimes even 14c.

Turn: His donk looks like FD and not an A. It would be stupid to inflate this pot, when he might have us beat. I'm thinking between raising to $0,30 and just cold calling. I don't think he does it with an A, so I would raise here. If we get called, we might just check behind on the river. And if he leads again on the river, we're most probably beat.

River: I would go for value and bet 2/3 pot. I don't think the amount is important. If he's calling, he will call 1/2 pot or 2/3 pot.
    • Bogdan1190
      Pre flop and flop is fine

Turn i would raise and if he 3-bet me im inclined to fold i think it also depends on how agressive he is but i belive he wouldn't 3-bet us with anything less then an ace.

River definitely bet and the bet size is ok. :) maybe a little less since he doesn't have much of a hand from how he plays :)

• veriz
      Hello Krishjanis,

Flop: While the board is super drawy then you could bet it bigger at least $0,14. If he has the hand then he will Call anyways.
      Turn: Well, the case could be both side. Sometimes they might even donk this way with Ax as well here. But more often it's just some kind of draw which wants to get cheap card. For that reason you can even consider raising here for free showdown. But of course Calling and keeping weaker hands in the hand like some PPs/pairs is totally fine as well.
      River: Although I'd still bet it bigger here, if he has any kind of hand then he is going to pay you anyways, ~$0,45.

Best regards.