BB ($1.10)
      UTG ($4.39)
      UTG+1 ($3.60)
      UTG+2 ($2.34)
      MP1 ($0.79)
      CO ($1.80)
      BTN ($1.96)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, fold, UTG calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12, fold

FLOP ($0.46) K:spade: 8:heart: A:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.46) K:spade: 8:heart: A:club: 7:club:

Hero bets $0.16, UTG raises to $0.32, CO folds, Hero folds

UTG wins $0.75

Just because they both checked flop I thought well maybe I could bet and try to take down the pot, I bet small because I thought if they don't have it they will fold anyway so no reason to bet more and get called or reraised like I did. So should I have just checked the turn and shouldn't have tried to take down the pot from 2 opponents in the first place?
  • 3 replies
    • Titicamara
      He could have picked up a flush draw on the turn and decided to semi bluff. I have seen aggressive player do it. Since its only a min raise why not just call? You might hit a J on the river.
    • funktor
      Hi Krishjanis!

Do we have some reads on players?

In general, I do not expect any "average" NL2 player release Ax here.

The board is dry, we are at worst position on the table (in this case both relative and absolute).

So in general on flop I would go for bet/fold (dry flop, 2 players), but we need to bet somewhere $0.35-0.4, to make look bet reasonable strong.

In case you decide to check, it almoast screams "Hey, I do not have Ace". So when you decided go for smalish bet on turn, you may be victim of bluff raise, but still need to trow it away.

So as you decided not to bet flop, I would try to check it down to showdown. My prefered line (if I am not agains crazy maniacs or calling stations) is bet/fold flop, check/fold turn and river.

• veriz
      Hello Krishjanis,

Well I doubt that there is much to do with the reads in this case. It's either the questions what's the limping range of them. What kind of VPIP they have. Although having 2 overcards on board and on those limits I doubt we even making Kx to fold I'd just Check/Fold right on flop.

Or either if I decide even to play it like you did then rather bet it on flop ~$0,30 which should tell everything about the hands. It's a dry board you don't need to bet it very big anyways.

Best regards.