[NL2-NL10] NL 2 FR: QQ vs. wet A-high board

• Meras18
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, MP2 calls $0,08, 5 folds.

Flop: ($0,19) 7:club: , 6:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,14, MP2 calls $0,14.

Turn: ($0,47) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,29, MP2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,47

I'm not sure what to do on the Turn.
  • 2 replies
    • funktor
      Hi Meras18!

I would bet slightly more on flop, may bet $0.16-.19

Turn card is very good card for us. A fits in our range, so another bet looks strong (would go for larger bet here $0.35+), Ad: in addition removes many Flush draw hands he migh have, MP2 will not call with that many KJs () hands and only Suited Connectores of d: are now possible in his range.

So most of the strong hands would be raised by him on flop (well AF 1.0 does not look that aggressive - but only 44 hands), so we would have to fold here. As to his rasing range of pair+OESD, FD+pair, nut FD, sets we are big underdogs.

So my default line here is bet strong both flop and turn, folding to raise (especially if big), and if we get to river it will be close spot... if 4th hits, I would go ahead and best again, maybe something smallish (1/3-1/2) POT, as we would have bet hand most of the time. If does not hit, it will be close spot between check / calling and check / folding. Probably would fold to large bets on river.

• veriz
      Hello Meras18,

Flop: Well, on those limits you can easily even bet the flop bigger than you did. The board is pretty drawy for us and they will Call you anyways if they have a hand.
      Turn: Well, you can't just go for Check/Fold here or Check/Call and turn your hand into bluff. But rather Bet/Fold it or at least reevaluate the raise size. Although you have to bet it bigger since people will just adjust to your bet size while the could see weakness in it and just raise it up. Rather do it at least $0,35.

Best Regards.